Here is a brief company profile and history of Wipro.
Wipro Technologies is a global services provider delivering
technology-driven business solutions. Wipro is the No.1 provider of
integrated business, technology and process solutions on a global
delivery platform. Azim Premji is the Chairman of Wipro Technologies. He
took over the mantle of leadership of Wipro at the age of 21 in 1966.
Under his leadership, the fledgling US$ 2 million hydrogenated cooking
fat company has grown to a US$1.76 billion IT Services organization
serving customers across the globe. Wipro is presently ranked among the
top 100 Technology companies in the world. It has 66,000+ employees,
serves 592 clients, and has 46 development centers across globe.
Wipro Technologies deals in following businesses:
- IT Services: Wipro provides complete range of IT Services
to the organization. The range of services extends from Enterprise
Application Services (CRM, ERP, e-Procurement and SCM) to e-Business
solutions. Wipro's enterprise solutions serve a host of industries
such as Energy and Utilities, Finance, Telecom, and Media and
- Product Engineering Solutions: Wipro is the largest
independent provider of R&D services in the world. Using "Extended
Engineering" model for leveraging R&D investment and
accessing new knowledge and experience across the globe, people and
technical infrastructure, Wipro enables firms to introduce new
- Technology Infrastructure Service: Wipro's Technology
Infrastructure Services (TIS) is the largest Indian IT
infrastructure service provider in terms of revenue, people and
customers with more than 200 customers in US, Europe, Japan and over
650 customers in India.
- Business Process Outsourcing: Wipro provides business
process outsourcing services in areas Finance & Accounting,
Procurement, HR Services, Loyalty Services and Knowledge Services.
In 2002, Wipro acquiring Spectramind and became one of the largest
BPO service players.
- Consulting Services: Wipro offers services in Business
Consulting, Process Consulting, Quality Consulting, and Technology
Group Companies of Wipro:
- Wipro Infrastructure Engineering: It has emerged as the
leader in the hydraulic cylinders and truck tipping systems market
- Wipro Infotech: It is one of the leading manufacturers of
computer hardware and a provider of systems integration services in
- Wipro Lighting: It manufactures and markets the Wipro
brand of luminaries. Wipro Lighting offers lighting solutions across
various application areas such as commercial lighting for modern
work spaces, manufacturing and pharmaceutical companies, designer
petrol pumps and outdoor architecture.
Achievements of Wipro
- First Indian IT Service Provider to be awarded Gold-Level Status
in Microsoft's Windows Embedded Partner Program.
- World's largest independent R&D Services Provider.
- World's 1st PCMM Level 5 software company.
- World's 1st IT Services Company to use Six Sigma.
- The first to get the BS15000 certification for its Global Command
- Among the top 3 offshore BPO service providers in the world.
- Only Indian company to be ranked among the 'Top 10 Global
Outsourcing Providers' in the IAOP-Fortune Global 100 listings.
- First company in the world to be certified in BS 7799 (2002)
Note: The above information was last updated on 21-07-2007