Here are some running health benefits. Read
about the advantages of running.
Running Health Benefits
Running is a fabulous workout to condition your body. It serves as the perfect remedy to get rid of your flabby abs and shed those extra pounds on your body. Not only it helps in fastening your weight loss program, but also it helps to overcome aging problem and thus makes you look ten years younger. In the present times, people are leading such an unhealthy lifestyle that they virtually have no time to workout, to strengthen their body and to keep fit. It is, thence, that running helps in strengthening your body muscles and keeping you in shape. Running also closes the gateway for diseases like breast cancer, heart stroke, diabetes, hypertension etc, thus protecting you from the clutches of these ugly problems. To know more about the heath and psychological benefits about running, check out the following lines.
Health Benefits Of Running
- One of the most popular benefits of running is to reduce or manage weight. It burns more calories per minute, than any other form of cardiovascular exercise. Research proves the fact that running burns an average of 100 calories per each mile.
- Running has proved to be beneficial in slowing the aging process. People, who run regularly, do not face muscle or bone loss in comparison to their counterparts.
- Running helps to enhance the glow of the face. It promotes the human growth hormone which helps in staying young.
- People diagnosed with osteoporosis, diabetes or hypertension, are advised to engage in running for a few miles per day.
- Running is beneficial in reducing the risk of heart attacks, by strengthening the heart, lowering blood pressure and maintaining the elasticity of arteries.
- Cancer patients are also advised to indulge in running as it proves to be helpful in improving their condition.
- Regular running raises HDL (good) cholesterol, reduces the risk of blood clots and encourages use of the 50% of your lungs that usually go unused.
- Running has positive effects on the immune system. It creates a higher concentration of lymphocytes in the blood.
- Running also has a positive effect on the mind of the person. It builds confidence and gives a feeling of empowerment and freedom that comes with knowing the fact that your legs and body are strong and capable.
- We all know running reduces body weight and helps you gain a better self-image. With this, the runner also gets a boost in his/her personality and becomes more confident, than he/she ever was.
- Running relieves a person off stress. The feeling of high that you get while striding ahead, beating past the air, refreshes the mind and the heart completely.
- It might surprise you, but running has been used a treatment for curing clinical depression and addictions of all kinds. Patients often feel less tensed, less depressed, less fatigued and less confused after indulging in the practice of running.
- The mind starts working fast when a person engages himself in running. While the body gets strength, the mind becomes more focused and determined.
Choosing Running Shoes
Buying shoes for running is no kids play. There is a need to consider
many factors, while choosing running shoes. It makes a lot of difference
as to how many times you go for running in a week
Long Distance Running
Fast-pulsating heart beat, focused eyes and thumping feet - running can
be one of the most exciting activities one indulges in. Long distance
running covers the 5 kms, 10 kms, half marathon and marathon events.
Tips For Marathon Runners
Marathon is one of the most popular and toughest races that the runners
indulge in. Training yourself for marathon running can be a tough call
for those who are not in the habit of running.
Running Tips For Beginners
Running is one of the most pleasurable activities that help in
maintaining the overall fitness. People of all ages can indulge in it to
keep themselves healthy and fit.
Gears For Running
Doing anything half-heartedly and without proper preparations doesn't make much of sense. Running is a physical activity, which if done seriously, can do wonders to your body.
Run To Lose Weight
Running serves as an excellent workout choice to lose weight and keep
in shape. It helps a great deal in getting rid of your flabby abs and
bulging fats. In fact, today, health experts recommend running for
Trail Running Race
If you are of the opinion that there is no variation in running, then you are definitely in for a surprise. There are different variations of running as well, one of them being trial running.