Location: Hazrat Ganj, Lucknow
Seating Capacity: 25,000
End Names: Pavilion End, Gomati End
Home Team: Uttar Pradesh
First Test: India v Sri Lanka - Jan 18-22, 1994
First ODI: Pakistan v Sri Lanka - October 27, 1989
Established in 1957, the K. D. Singh Babu stadium has been named after the famous Indian hockey player Kunwar Digvijay Singh "Babu", who hailed from Lucknow. The stadium replaced the University Ground as the premier cricket venue in Lucknow. Although international cricket matches are not frequent affair in this stadium, it hosts domestic competitions regularly. The stadium has a seating capacity of 25000 spectators. Most of the matches here are played by the home team - Uttar Pradesh. Go through the following lines to know more about K.D. Singh Babu Stadium.
The first test played at K.D. Singh Babu Stadium was between India and Sri Lanka from January 18 to 22 in 1994. Sachin Tendulkar was the most prolific batsman of the match - he scored 142 runs. The most successful bowler was Anil Kumble, claiming 11 wickets during the match. The stadium became the venue for the match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka in October 1989, the first ODI played here.