Read some famous quotes from Mother Teresa. Each
quote is a reflection of Mother Teresa's thinking.
Mother Teresa Quote
Here are some famous quotes by Mother Teresa. These quotes reveal her
thinking and are a guiding light and source of inspiration to others.
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your
- Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be
extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
- Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I
think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the
person who has nothing to eat.
- Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
- Each one of them is Jesus in disguise.
- Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for
greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children
have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little
time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace
of the world.
- Good works are links that form a chain of love.
- Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift
to that person, a beautiful thing.
- I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending
a love letter to the world.
- I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.
- I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish
that He didn't trust me so much.
- I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there
can be no more hurt, only more love.
- I think I'm more difficult than critical.
- I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. Do you
know your next door neighbor?
- I try to give to the poor people for love what the rich could get
for money. No, I wouldn't touch a leper for a thousand pounds; yet I
willingly cure him for the love of God. " If we have no peace,
it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
- If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out.
To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
- If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
- If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent
out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
- In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small
things with great love.
- Intense love does not measure, it just gives.
- It is a kingly act to assist the fallen.
- It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may
live as you wish.
- It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to
love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to
relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone
unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where
our love for each other must start.
- It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love
that is put into them that matters.
- It is impossible to walk rapidly and be unhappy
- Jesus said love one another. He didn't say love the whole world.
- Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are
- Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the
beginning of love.
- Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not
enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them.
So, spread your love everywhere you go.
- Let us more and more insist on raising funds of love, of
kindness, of understanding, of peace. Money will come if we seek
first the Kingdom of God - the rest will be given.
- Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted
according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed
or slow to do the humble work.
- Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible
- Loneliness is the most terrible poverty.
- Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much
love we put in that action.
- Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every
- Love begins by taking care of the closest ones - the ones at
- Many people mistake our work for our vocation. Our vocation is
the love of Jesus.
- One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.
- Our life of poverty is as necessary as the work itself. Only in
heaven will we see how much we owe to the poor for helping us to
love God better because of them.
- Peace begins with a smile.
- So many signatures for such a small heart.
- Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you
without leaving happier.
- Sweetest Lord, make me appreciative of the dignity of my high
vocation, and its many responsibilities. Never permit me to disgrace
it by giving way to coldness, unkindness, or impatience.
- The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but
rather the feeling of being unwanted.
- The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother
can kill her own child, what is left for me to kill you and you to
kill me? There is nothing between.
- The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the
hunger for bread.
- The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being
- The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to
- The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of
loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the
other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not
determine the value of what we have done.
- There are no great things, only small things with great love.
Happy are those.
- There is always the danger that we may just do the work for the
sake of the work. This is where the respect and the love and the
devotion come in - that we do it to God, to Christ, and that's why
we try to do it as beautifully as possible.
- There is more hunger in the world for love and appreciation in
this world than for bread.
- There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well.
They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste.
When I see people throwing away things that we could use.
- There should be less talk; a preaching point is not a meeting
point. What do you do then? Take a broom and clean someone's house.
That says enough.
- We are all pencils in the hand of God.
- We can do no great things, only small things with great love.
- We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and
restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees,
flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the
sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch
- We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the
ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
- We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.
- We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and
homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is
the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this
kind of poverty.
- Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the
- We, the unwilling,led by the unknowing,are doing the impossible
for the ungrateful. We have done so much,for so long,with so
little,we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Comment On This Article