Varanasi International Airport is one of the major airports in Uttar Pradesh. The article gives a brief profile of Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport, India.
Varanasi Airport, also known as the Babatpur Airport is a public/civil airport. It is located at a distance of 18 km to the northwest of Varanasi, in the state of Uttar Pardesh. In 2005, it was officially re-branded as Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport. The airport is operated by the Airport Authority of India. Its longest runway is 7,238 feet in length and sited at an elevation of 262 feet. The airport is close to the Allahabad, Lucknow and Patna Airport. The international and domestic terminals of Varanasi International Airport are located in the same premises. The cargo complex is located half km away from the Airport Terminal Building.
- Indian Airlines (Delhi, Khajuraho, Lucknow, Mumbai)
- Jet Airways (Delhi, Gaya [seasonal; begins 25 October], Khajuraho)
- Kingfisher Airlines (Delhi, Kolkata)
- SpiceJet (Delhi, Mumbai)
- Indian Airlines (Kathmandu)
- Jet Airways (Bangkok - seasonal)
- Mihin Lanka (Colombo)
- Thai Airways International (Bangkok - seasonal)
- Baggage Trolleys
- Telephone Security Hold Area (only for local calls)
- Wheel Chair
- Free Medical Care
- Assistance to physically challenged/aged/infirm
Nearby Accommodation Hotel Tal, Clarks Hotel, Hotel Ashok, Hindustan International, Pallavi International, Hotel de Paris, Best Western Kashika, Tourist Bunglow, Padmini International, and Hotel India.
Varanasi - 221006
Last Updated on 1st August, 2009