Drinking water helps a great deal in enabling you to lose weight. Read more about water weight loss benefits.
Weight Loss Benefits of Water
Drinking water and weight loss are directly related to each other. Water helps you lose weight by boosting your metabolism rate, thus paving way for quick weight loss. And if you drink hot lemon water in the morning, then it will fasten the process of losing weight, thereby enabling you to burn large number of calories. Studies and evidences have suggested that drinking sufficient water daily may be instrumental in weight loss. People generally drink a lot of cold beverages to quench thirst and at one point get addicted to them. However, most of the beverages such as soft drinks and packed juices contain a lot of added sugar, which is directly associated with weight gain. If you do not like drinking plain water, you may replace it with flavored mineral water. In this manner, you will not only keep your body hydrated but will also enhance the process of weight loss. However, one must alter their dietary or eating habits and also remember to have adequate water in a day. Read further to explore information about water weight loss benefits.
Water Helps To Lose Weight
Drinking plenty of water helps minimize strong cravings for food, because it works towards reducing your appetite. The big question is how much water should one drink? It is said that on an average you should drink about 8 glasses per day. But if you are on a weight loss or diet program, then you should keep drinking water through the day. Your daily water intake should be about 1 ounce of water for every 2 pounds of body weight.
If your weekly schedule comprises of an intense physical workout or a structured weight loss program, then it is recommended to drink more water, so as to make up for the loss of water that takes place while exercising. Drink water before, during and after exercising, so as to keep your energy levels high. If it is difficult for you to drink water all the time, then you can replace drinking water directly by consuming fruits which are high in water content.
Drinking Water And Weight Loss
- Drinking cold water is more effective as it speeds up the rate of metabolism by nearly 30% by providing energy and helping you to burn down calories.
- A body which is well-hydrated assists in the quick functioning of the muscles and organs which in turn, help you to work out faster. This boosts the metabolic activity thus, allowing you to burn calories faster.
- One can drink water only to a certain limit and therefore, may look for other means. Water is available in various forms, such as in fruits and vegetables, the most common being melons, cucumber, tomatoes, and zucchini. Consumption of these food products not only nourish the body but also keep the body hydrated.
- An average human being, on a daily basis, should drink water 15 minutes ahead of a meal to help curb appetite. This way, you do not end up overeating and the calorie consumption also reduces by 13%.
- People on a weight loss diet should prefer foods rich in water content such as soups or salads. Not only will you be satiated, but your calorie intake will also lessen, thereby promoting weight loss.
- People often confuse thirst and hunger which leads to an inappropriate diet. Most of the times, they end up eating something when they are thirsty, when they actually need to drink water. It is advisable to have a bottle of water always in order to avoid this confusion.
- To satiate your craving for water-rich foods, such as ice cream or yogurt, you may simply drink some water or fresh juices devoid of sugars.
- Though unproven, researchers have suggested that drinking 8-ounce glasses of water before breakfast, lunch, and dinner may perhaps help a person lose weight.
- The lack of sufficient water in the body cannot metabolize stored fat that easily and efficiently, thus, lowering the chances of weight loss.
Water quenches thirst but, it is not its only function. It has lot more benefits and according to the article above it also helps lose weight. However, one must not replace their normal diet entirely with water. It only works as a catalyst rather being the sole agent for weight loss.