Treasure Chest Book is one of the unique double
hinged book arts and crafts. Know how to make Treasure Chest Book
Treasure Chest Book
The double-hinged treasure chest book makes a wonderful gift for kids. It proves to be a step by step guide for children, to explore things. It can serve many purposes; say kids can use the top paper to write a word and the bottom to write the definition. It can be easily used as a personal diary as well. With a little creativity, you can use it as an album too and gift it to your friends. In this case, the bottom flap will not have writing papers, but a plain and thick paper, to attach the photographs. You can write comments or taglines on the papers of the top flap. In case of a treasure chest book, a little creativity and patience can give you an amazing piece of art. Given below is more information on making the craft.
How To Make Treasure Chest Book
Things You Will Need
- Clear Tape
- Golden Glitter Glue, Beads or Buttons
- Golden Rick Rack or Ribbon
- Hole Punch
- Paint Colors such as Purple, Black and Gold
- Paint Brush
- Rectangular Cardboard Box
- Thick Construction Paper or Card Stock
- Writing Paper
- If the cardboard box is too deep, cut it to the desired width in order to accommodate the papers of the book and to make the back and sides of the book.
- To make the top of the treasure chest, cut out a cardboard piece that is about one fourth to one third of the width of the box.
- To make the bottom of the treasure chest, cut out a cardboard piece to cover the remaining width of the box.
- Decorate both the flaps and box like a treasure chest by painting them in purple and gold colors and use gold glitter to adorn your treasure chest.
- Use black color to paint a part of lock on the top flap, other part of the lock and a keyhole on the bottom flap of the treasure chest so that when they are put together, it looks like a real treasure chest.
- Let it dry completely and then decorate it with golden glitter glue, beads or buttons and let it dry too.
- Cut the writing papers for the top flap and bottom flap, respectively, a little smaller than their sizes.
- Punch hole on the lower side of the top flap and its papers and on the upper side of the bottom flap and its writing papers.
- Now after punching tie them in their respective positions with golden rickrack or ribbon.
- Now use the clear tape to attach the upper part of the treasure chest to the box, leaving a tiny gap in between, in such a manner that some of it gets attached to the top flap and some of it to the side of the box to make the upper hinge.
- Similarly, use the clear tape to attach the bottom part of the treasure chest to the box and make the bottom hinge. Give finishing touches and your book is ready.