Stuffed White Snake pattern is a Japanese stuffed
animal craft. Learn how to make stuffed snake here.
Stuffed White Snake Pattern
Stuffed toy is the favorite of almost every child, be it a boy or a girl. Not only for playing, they can also be used for decorating your house as well. According to Japanese tradition, a white snake is believed to bring wealth and prosperity. So, why not make a stuffed white snake for your kids, which can simply sit coiled in your house and invite prosperity. Making a stuffed white snake pattern is the easiest of stuffed animal crafts, though it requires a little patience. Even children can make it easily, with the assistance of elders. This stuffed snake can also be used as a prop on stage or as a part of Halloween costume. The best of it all, your children will love to play with this stuffed snake. In the following lines, we have detailed the method of preparing stuffed white snake pattern, just for you.
How To Make Stuffed Snake
- Black Beads for Snake's Eyes
- Long Stick
- Plastic Pellets
- Polyester Fiberfill
- Silver Glitter Pen
- Small Piece of Red Imitation Leather for Snake's Tongue
- Thread to Sew
- White Fabric
- Make a long snake's body on the wrong side of the fabric, broadest at the head and tapering to a point to the tail side.
- Cut out two pieces leaving ¼ inch seam.
- Fold the fabric and cut a small 'V' shape with folded end at the broader end.
- Put both the snake body pieces on top of each other and position the fold of 'V' inside the snake's head to make the mouth of the snake
- Pinch the head portion of the snake in your fingers tightly and turn the snake to place the wrong sides of snake together.
- Stitch the head of the snake together on the wrong side of the fabric and also the body of the snake, leaving the tail open for about an inch.
- Turn it inside out and stuff the polyester fiberfill well in the snake's head well using the stick.
- Cut out a forked tongue for the snake with the red imitation leather and glue it inside the mouth of the snake.
- Glue on black beady eyes on top of snake's head.
- Fill the plastic pellets in the body well.
- When the snake is full, sew its tail close.
- Use the silver glitter pen to make the scales on the upper side of the snake's body or you can also use square silver-colored sequins to make the scales but that will require much time.