Map Holder for kids is one of the travel crafts
for children. Learn how to make map holder here.
Map Holder for Kids
Map holders have immense utility and make great craft
option for both, teenagers and adults alike. Adventurous kids will love
to use their map holders, while playing treasure hunt games. They can
actually be used to keep maps safe, while traveling and driving around.
An easy and inexpensive craft, kids will love to make and own this map
holder. Also, it can serve as the best bet, when it comes to party
favors for pre-teens and teens. Though there are a number of map holders
on the market that help keep your map dry and readable, you can make one
on your own that would be both, inexpensive and waterproof. If you are
wondering how to make map holder, look no further. In the following
lines, we have provided instructions for making map holder for kids.
How To Make Map Holder
Things You Will Need:
- Fun Foam Sheets
- Hot Melt Glue Gun
- Cut out a 12" x 17" rectangle from the fun foam sheet.
17 inches will be the length of the map holder.
- Fold the 12-inch side in the center, like a greeting card that is
17 inches long and 6 inches wide.
- Now fold both the sides of the folded paper once again towards
the center of the paper.
- Glue the top and bottom edges of the folds to the paper to make
- When the holder is folded, envelopes will be inside.
- Double up the string and glue both its end to the bottom center
of back side of the map holder.
- Cut out two circles from the fun foam.
- Glue smaller circle above the glued ends of the string to secure
- Glue larger fun foam circle to the bottom center of the topside
of the map holder but only apply glue dot at the center.
- Now when you have to wind the map holder, bring the string loop
towards the front side it and sing it around the circle.
- Cut out interesting shapes or your name alphabets from the fun
foam and glue them to the map holder to decorate it.