Edible Penguin Craft is one of the winter crafts
you can eat. Learn how to make edible holiday craft here.
Edible Penguin Craft
Penguins are sweet, delightful as well as amusing and are liked by almost all the kids. So, when they are getting bored, why not entertain them with an easy penguin craft only. What about an edible penguin? Making this particular craft will comprise of a creative and fun activity, which the whole family can enjoy together and have fun with. Cute and funny, an edible penguin is easy and quick to make, loved by kids and adults alike. Since, the craft requires use of a knife and involves some skills to break wafer candies in perfect halves; it is advisable to let the kids do it only under adult supervision. Given below is more information on how to make this craft.
How To Make Edible Holiday Craft
Things You Will Need
- Black Shoestring Licorice
- Large White Gumdrops
- Orange Jelly Beans or Gumdrops, Halved
- Orange M&Ms or Gumdrops, Halved
- Purple Wafer Candies, Halved
- Royal Icing
- Small White Gumdrops
- Use the toothpick to affix one small white gumdrop on top of one large white gumdrop. The smaller one will be the penguin's head and the bigger one will be its body.
- Break a toothpick in half and use the pieces to attach two pieces of halved jellybean or orange gumdrop as the feet below the large gumdrop body of the penguin. It is easier to balance gumdrop than jellybean.
- Use dabs of royal icing to glue two pieces of wafer candy halves as wings to your penguin.
- Sculpt the orange M&M or gumdrop a little to make the beak for the penguin and attach it to the penguin's head (small gumdrop) using royal icing.
- Use two tiny bits of shoestring licorice as eyes of the penguin and affix it using the royal icing.
- Make as many penguins as you like but there should be at least one for each member of family.