Duct Tape Purse is an easy teen accessory craft.
Learn how to make duct tape purse here.
Duct Tape Purse
In the present time, purse has ceased to be just a necessity, used by women for carrying various essential items, but also become a popular accessory, which females love to flaunt. The fashion buffs are especially keen about carrying different types of purses, matching their attire. Among the most popular types of purses available in the market, the one made of duct tape is currently a part of the hot trend. The best part of this purse is that it can be made at home as well, with the help of a few easy-to-obtain materials. This helps make the purse not only economical, but also personalized to quite an extent. If you want to know how to make a duct tape purse at home, the information given below would surely prove to be useful.
How To Make Duct Tape Purse
Things You Will Need
- 2 Pieces of 8 ½" by 4" Cardboard
- Craft Knife or Scissors
- Duct Tape Rolls in Two Different Colors
- Studs or Decorative Piece to Attach Handles
- Measure eight 12" strips of duct tape of each color. This will make 16 strips in all.
- Fold each strip in half, length wise, in such a way that its sticky sides stick together after folding.
- Tightly weave folded duct tape of alternating colors with no gaps between the strips to make the front side of your bag.
- Now cover the inside of the front pattern you have just woven with duct tape strips to make the inside front lining of your purse.
- For each side of the bag, cut three nine-inch long duct tape strips. Lay one strip with its sticky side facing upwards.
- Lay down the second strip on it in such a way that its sticky side is facing downwards and overlaps half of the first duct tape lengthwise.
- Lay down the third strip overlapping the remaining half of the first strip and half of its sticky end jutting out on the other end of the first strip.
- Make the back panel of the purse using the same method as sides of the purse.
- Now cover the cardboard with duct tape strips smoothly and evenly to cover its entire surface and folding a bit of the strip over the edges.
- Attach the sides of the purse to the cardboard. Give the whole purse a shape by laying duct tape strips in such a way that half of it is on the main purse body and the other half on the part you are trying to attach to it.
- Fold a piece of duct tape over the top evenly for smooth finish. To make the handles for your purse, take duct tape strips and fold them in half.
- Attach them to the purse using studs or other decorative piece to hold them in place.