Get the easy sewing clothing pattern for basic
convertible dress and learn more about convertible dress style.
Basic Convertible Dress
A convertible dress is an amazing way to exhibit your talent and creativity. Gone are those days when you had to think about which dress to wear. Today, with the convertible dress, it is possible to make your presence felt, that too in several unique styles. This convertible dress is quite easy to make and requires basic sewing skills. It displays 'designer' looks and people won't believe that you made it yourself. It is termed as 'convertible' just because it can readily acquire diverse looks, just by altering the way you wear it and the way you wrap the straps around your body. Just go through the following lines and learn about the method and materials required for this convertible dress.
How To Make Basic Convertible Dress
Things You Will Need
- Fabric for the Dress
- Sewing Machine
- First of all cut a circle for the skirt. The skirt can be as long as you want it to be as it depends on your comfort and choice.
- Now you can cut out a hole in between the skirt for the waist and hem the waistline.
- Cut out two straps of fabric that is as wide as the distance from center of your bust to just under your arm and as long as 1.5 times your height.
- Measure your waistline and sew a band a little longer than the waistline measurement.
- Turn the skirt inside out from the circle in the center and sew from inside the waistline.
- Sew the straps in such a way that they overlap on each other about three to four inches towards the bottom.
- Align the raw edges of the straps with the raw edges of the skirt waist. Fold the band in half.
- Lay it on top of straps, aligning its raw edges with the skirt and strap edges. Start sewing where all the edges overlap with each other.
- Once you have sewn all around the waistline, overlap the band a bit and then cut it and give finishing touches to the sewing.
- When you wear the dress, you can play with the straps and the band to give dress different looks and styles. It is better to use stretchable fabric for better results.