Coloring bridal shoes is an easy wedding accessory
craft for bride. Know how to color fabric wedding shoes here.
Coloring Bridal Shoes
Every bride wants to look gorgeous, right from the head and down to the toe, on her wedding day. In this context, the shoe also plays an important and prime role. By completing her accessories, they make her look more beautiful. However, many-at-times, getting bridal shoes in exactly the same shade as the dress is simply not possible. In such a case, coloring the shoes is the best solution. So, you can paint any shoes in the desired shade and decorate them for your wedding day. The bridesmaid or maid of honor can also help the bride design her 'dream' bridal shoes. Given below are the details on coloring a bridal shoe.
How to Color Fabric Wedding Shoes
Things You Will Need
- Decorative Items such as Beads, Lace, Pearls, Flowers or Charms
- Fabric Glue
- Hair Clips
- Needle and Thread
- Silk or Satin Shoes
- Strong Black Coffee in a Bowl
- Brew up strong black coffee and pour it in a bowl. Dip the sponge in the coffee and squeeze it well.
- Wipe one shoe with the sponge lightly. Let it dry to see the shade that the shoe acquires.
- Apply as many coats as required to get the exact shade that you want. Repeat the process of dyeing the other shoe.
- Make sure that color of both the shoes match and also keep in mind that once the shoes dry, the color will be lighter.
- Take time to get the exact shade. Beautify the shoes with add-ons such as beads and pearls around toe and heel and stick them in place using fabric glue.
- Use hair clips to hold decorations in their right place for some time until the glue dries.
- You may also stitch some of the embellishments such as beads and pearls using needle and thread to attach them more securely.