Here is presented information about the problems
& causes of toothache.
Toothache is the pain that is caused in and around a tooth. Medically known as odontalgia, it can range from being just a mild discomfort to excruciating pain. Chewing and exposure to extremes of temperature, such as cold or heat, can aggravate the pain. Toothache usually results when a nerve, in the root of a tooth, gets irritated. Right from the emergence of wisdom tooth to dental decay, there are various causes that can lead to toothache. To know more about the causes of toothache, along with its symptoms, go through the following lines.
Causes Of Toothache
- Dental decay
- Fracture of the tooth
- Cracked tooth
- Tooth cavity
- Irritation of the tooth pulp, following dental treatment
- An exposed tooth root
- Emergence of wisdom teeth
- Gum diseases
- Impacted teeth
- Spasms of the muscles
- Excessive consumption of soft drinks
- An abscess in the gum (lateral periodontal abscess).
- Ulceration of the gums (acute ulcerative gingivitis).
- Inflammation of the gum around a tooth, which is in the process of growing/breaking through (pericoronitis).
- Swelling of the pulp
- Excessive consumption of refined carbohydrates and sugar
- Faulty diet
- Tooth infection
Symptoms Of Toothache
- Throbbing pain in the tooth
- Pain while chewing
- Hot or cold sensitivity
- Bleeding or discharge around a tooth or gums
- Swelling around a tooth
- Swelling of the jaw
- Injury or trauma to teeth/gums