Here are presented a few Migraine cure home
remedies. Read about Migraine home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Migraine
Migraine is the name given to severe headaches, normally lasting from 4 to 72 hours. It is mainly felt s pulsing or throbbing in one area of the head. During migraine, there is contraction or dilation of the blood vessels. Some of the factors that can trigger a migraine attack anxiety, stress, lack of food or sleep, exposure to light and hormonal changes (in women). In women, menstruation can also result in migraine. The symptoms of migraine are pain on one side of the head, a short period of depression, irritability and loss of appetite, pounding pain, nausea and vomiting as well as numbness or weakness in an arm or leg or on one side of the face. This severe headache can, however, be cured, naturally using home remedies. Read onto know some of the natural ways of treating migraine.
Home Remedy For Migraine
- Migraine can be treated effectively with the help of fresh grape juice. Grind grapes to extract the juice. Consume the juice in the concentrated form, without adding water.
- Increase the intake of niacin (vitamin B3), as it has been found to be helpful in alleviating migraine pain. Some of the foods rich in niacin are yeast, whole wheat, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, nuts, sunflower seeds, liver and fish.
- Cabbage leaves are helpful in relieving the pain of a migraine headache. Squash cabbage leaves and place them in a cloth. Place the cloth on your forehead for sometime. Once the cabbage leaves become dry, remove the cloth and make a fresh one.
- Lemon peel is helpful in solving migraine headache. Grind lemon peel to form a paste and apply it on the forehead. Let it dry and then rinse off with cool water.
- A mixture of carrot juice, either with spinach, beet or cucumber juice, works effectively in curing migraine. Combine 300 ml of carrot juice with 200 ml of any other juice and drink it.
- You can also mix 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juices, with 300 ml of carrot juice and drink it on a regular basis.
- Massaging the forehead with primrose oil is beneficial in curing migraine. It works as an excellent anti-inflammatory agent, preventing any kind of constriction in the blood vessels.
- Include garlic in your diet. Either chew a piece of garlic in the raw form or mix it with other food items.
- Another effective method would be to have chamomile tea. This is effective in reducing the occurrence of migraine.
- Taking lukewarm water enema is effective. It cleanses the bowels, thereby removing the toxins from the body and helping prevent migraine.
- Take some sandalwood powder and add a few drops of water to it, so as to form a paste. Apply this paste on the forehead and let it dry. Once dry, rub it off by hand and wash it.
- It is advisable to avoid direct sunlight; smoking and drinking alcohol, as all these can aggravate migraine.