Here are presented a few depression cure home
remedies. Read about depression home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Depression
Depression is a state of the mind, body and thoughts
which together work towards negativity. It is not a disease but an
illness wherein a person is not able to do normal things. Due to the
depressed state of mind, a person can find the daily chores to be very
taxing and is unable to do them. In this state of mind, a person is
unhappy and suffers emotionally and mentally rather than physically.
Depression may be caused due to mental stress or due to high intake of
antibiotics. At times, anxiety may also be the cause of depression. For
some people, depression can also be because of the monotonous life.
One's own effort to fight depression when complemented with some home
remedies work very well in curing depression. Read onto know how to
treat depression using natural remedies.
Home Remedies for Depression
- One of the simplest and effective home remedy for treating
depression is to add rose petals in a glass of boiling water. Add
sugar to the drink and have it.
- Mix 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg powder with 1 tablespoon of freshly
extracted amla juice. Consume this mixture thrice a day.
- Licorice tea also works well for depressed minds. Take 1-3 cups
of tea per day to get rid of depression.
- The plant, Griffonia simplicifolia, gives a substance 5HTP which
is extracted from the seedpods of the plant. Intake of this would
relieve a person from depression.
- Another remedy for curing depression is to have an apple with
milk and honey.
- This might surprise you but a neutral immersion bath for about an
hour would do wonders in curing a person off depression and uplift
- Dry the root of asparagus and make a powder of it. Daily one or
two grams of intake of this powder would heal a person's mind from
- Make a tea and add 1/4-teaspoon basil and 1/2 teaspoon of sage
per cup of hot water. Consuming this mixture two times a day would
be helpful in relieving a person from depression.
- Boil a cup of hot water. Add powdered seeds of 2 green cardamoms
and sugar. Drink this when warm. It would help in treating
- Diet is also an important concern for treating depression. Having
a well balanced nutritional food is very essential. Eat a lot of
nuts, cheese, apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, pumpkin
seeds, carrot juice, apple juice, 5-6 plums, ruta leaves mixed with
- In 1 cup of rice milk or soy milk, cook 3-4 tablespoons of
oatmeal. Add nuts, almonds, dried fruits, maple syrup or honey to
it. this would be effective in curing depression.
- Another method would be to stir a tsp of lavender leaves in a cup
of boiling water. Have it when warm 3 times a day.
- Yet another natural way to cure depressed mind is to soak feet in
a tub with hot water with rosemary leaves, chlorine and some soap
added to it. Do this for about 20 minutes and then rub your feet.