Here are presented a few backache cure home
remedies. Read about back pain home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Backache
Backache, also known as lumbago, is one of the most
widespread ailments found in people. It can be described as mild to
sever pain in the lower back region of the sufferer. The pain may, at
times, be excruciating and unbearable. Backache results in difficulty in
bending forward, backward or even sideward. The problem is not
restricted to older people and can also affect young people, especially
those who indulge in a lot of physical work. Females usually face back
during the pregnancy stage. The main causes for backache are strain,
strained ligaments, back-muscle injury, excess lifting of heavy objects
and disc disorders. Backache is a degenerative disorder but can be cured
with the help of home remedies. In the following lines, we prove some
ways to treat backache naturally.
Home Remedy For Backache
- An effective home remedy for backache would comprise of a
combination of wheat, Cuscus grass and coriander. Soak 60 grams
wheat in water, overnight. The next morning, add 30 grams each of
Cuscus grass and coriander to it. Add 250 ml milk. Put the mixture
in a pan and boil it, until only 2/3rd of the quantity is left.
Drink this concoction to get relief from backache.
- Mix 3 grams khas khas grass with 3 grams sugar candy. Take this
mixture twice a day, with a glass of milk.
- Mix 1 tbsp glucose or honey in warm water and have it in the
morning, on an empty stomach. It is a simple, yet effective way to
get relief from backache.
- Eat two to three cloves of garlic in a day. Garlic oil can also
be effective in curing backache. To prepare garlic oil, fry ten
cloves of garlic in 60 ml of oil (mustard oil, sesame oil or coconut
oil). Strain the oil, let it cool down a bit and massage the back
- Mint oil has been found effective in curing backache. Lightly
massage your back using some mint oil. It will give relief from the
- Apply some heat to the back, using hot water bottle or infrared
lamp. This would give instant relief from the pain.
- Massaging with turpentine oil is another effective home remedy
- An effective home remedy would be to apply potato, in the
poultice form. Peel a potato and cut into cubes. Boil the cubes and
mash them. After they cool down a bit, apply on the back and hold it
there with a bandage, for an hour.
- Take out the juice of one lemon and add some common salt to it.
Intake this, twice a day.
- Basil leaves can also cure a person suffering from backache. Take
a cup of water and boil ten basil leaves in it. Let the water boil
till only half the quantity is left. Cool down the water and add 1/4
tsp salt. Drink this decoction once a day.
- For tea drinkers, an easy remedy would be to add 5 black pepper
corns, 5 cloves and 1 gram dry ginger powder to the tea. Have such a
tea twice everyday.
- Include foods that have rich Vitamin C content, such as citrus
fruit, tomatoes, blueberries and strawberries, in your diet.