Here are presented a few Yeast Infection cure
home remedies. Read about Yeast Infection home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Yeast Infection
Yeasts are small organisms that thrive on human body,
in small numbers. Medically known as candida fungus, it can affect any
body part, be it underarms, between the toes, and so on. However, yeast
is mostly seen affecting the genital area of both men and women.
Reduction in the immunity level of the body, consumption of certain
antibiotics, stress, menstrual periods, diabetes and consumption of
birth control pills are the leading causes of yeast infection. Some of
the most common symptoms of the infection are itching and burning in the
vagina/genital area, swelling, itching, and burning of the skin around
the vagina/genital area, vaginal discharge, discomfort and pain during
sexual intercourse and burning sensation during urination. In the
following lines, we have provided some of the effective home remedies
for curing yeast infection.
Home Remedy For Yeast Infection
- One of the most effective ways to cure yeast infection would be
to wash the area with diluted apple cider vinegar. This would stop
the growth of infection. For people who face itching problems as
well, the best option would be to steep garlic clove in the diluted
apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare a solution by mixing 5 grams of Potassium Sorbate in a
pint of water. Using a cotton tampon, insert it into the vagina and
keep over night. Remove it in the morning.
- Having a glass of buttermilk every day, especially at night, is
helpful in killing the yeast infection.
- Insert capsules of boric acid in the affected area, overnight,
for several days. This is an effective way of treating yeast
- Curd is beneficial in treating yeast infection. Soak a cotton
tampon in curd and insert in the vagina for an hour. Repeat the
process 2-3 times a day.
- Prepare a mixture of olive leaf extract and grapefruit seed
extract and add them to a glass of water. Use it to wash the
affected area. This is an effective cure for treating yeast
- Another effective treatment would be to have warm, salt hipbath.
- Applying honey externally on the affected area will be helpful in
treating yeast infection. Keep it on for 15 minutes and then wash
the area with warm water.
- Tea tree oil is good for treating yeast infection. For this, dip
a cotton tampon in tea tree oil and insert it at night, removing in
the morning. Repeat the process for 3 to 4 days.
- Cut a few garlic pods in small thin pieces and wrap them in
cheesecloth. Insert into the vagina for about 20 minutes, leaving
part of cheesecloth hanging out for easy removal.
- Fill the bathtub with warm water and add a cup of vinegar to it.
Soak the affected area in this bath solution for about 20 minutes.
This is an effective way to cure yeast infection.
- Applying baby oil with aloe and vitamin E is likely to bring
relief from irritation and itching.