Here are presented a few Whooping Cough cure
home remedies. Read about Whooping Cough home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Whooping Cough
The bacterial infection in lungs, caused by bacterium
Bordetella pertussis, is called whooping cough. A contagious disease, it
leads to severe coughing, which may or may not be accompanied by
vomiting and perspiration. Some of the common symptoms of whooping cough
are sore throat, mild dry cough, sneezing, tears, tiredness, loss of
appetite, night cough, vomiting, retching, nosebleeds and diarrhea.
Though it starts with a mild cough, whooping cough develops into severe
coughing, if not treated on time. Whooping cough can, however, be
treated with home remedies as well. Read on to know about them.
Home Remedy For Whooping Cough
- One of most effective home remedies for whooping cough would be
to have a cup of grape juice, mixed with a tsp of honey, on a daily
- Soak 7 almonds in water, overnight. In the morning, remove the
brown skin and pound the almonds, to form a paste. Now, add 20 grams
each of butter and sugar. Consume the paste two times a day, in the
morning and evening.
- Finely chop an onion and extract its juice. Mix 1 tsp of this
juice with 1 tsp of honey and keep it aside. Consume it after four
to five hours.
- Crush a medium-sized onion and add the juice of one lemon to it.
Now, pour a cup of boiling water over it and add a tsp of honey.
Take this 2 to 3 times a day.
- Roast and powder the root of turmeric. Take 3 grams of this
powder, along with milk, two times a day.
- Mix 2 grams of the pulp of the herb of belleric myroblan, 1/4 tsp
salt, 1/2 tsp long pepper and 2 tsp honey. Have this mixture two
times a day.
- Dry the herb of belleric myroblan and cover it with wheat flour.
Now, roast the herb and consume it.
- Grind 100 gm of raisins, with water. Add 100 gm of sugar to the
paste. Once it forms a saucy consistency, preserve it. Have 20 grams
of this mixture everyday, before going to bed.
- Aniseed is helpful in treating whooping cough. Prepare a tea with
it and have it 1-2 times in a day.
- Extract garlic juice and have a tsp of this, 2 to 3 times a day.
This is an effective way to treat whooping cough.
- In a cup of water, add a tsp each of fenugreek seeds and fresh
ginger, along with a dash of honey. Bring the water to a boil and
allow it to cool. Strain the drink and consume it.
- Mix 5-6 drops of almond oil and 10 drops each of ginger juice and
onion oil. Have this mixture three times daily.
- Cut a small slice of ginger and dip it in some rock salt and
lemon juice. Store this in an airtight container. Lick this whenever
the cough attacks.
- Mix a tsp of fresh radish juice with equal quantity of honey. Add
some rock salt and form syrup. Consume this every 8 hours.
- Take a tbsp of carrot juice, mixed with some honey and warm
water. This proves beneficial in treating whooping cough.
Comment On This Article