Here are presented a few Vomiting cure home
remedies. Read about Vomiting home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Vomiting
An ejection of food and liquids from the stomach,
through the contraction of the stomach muscle, is called vomiting. Also
known as emesis, vomiting leads to the expulsion of solids as well as
liquids, from the stomach. There are many reasons for vomiting like
overeating, drinking excessive alcohol, pregnancy, migraine, infections,
flu, upset stomach, etc. At times, vomiting is also one of the symptoms
for a major disease as well. Its own symptoms include increased saliva,
dizziness, light-headedness, difficulty in swallowing food or liquid,
changes in skin temperature and increase in the rate of heartbeat. In
the following lines, we have provided some of the home remedies of
Home Remedy For Vomiting
- One of the effective ways to cure vomiting would be to have
ginger tea. Make sure it has less amount of sugar.
- Chilled lime juice also proves effective in treating vomiting. In
a glass of cold water, squeeze 1 lime. Add sugar and salt to taste.
Put in some ice, to chill it. Drink this mixture after every two
- If the vomiting is due to excess intake of alcohol, eat a slice
or two of bread slowly, so that it soaks the liquid.
- Do not eat any solid food until after 12 hours of vomiting.
Instead, have loads of vegetable juices, water and other non-acid
drinks. Then only, start having solid foods, such as mashed
potatoes, rice and oatmeal.
- On a non-stick pan, heat 2 cardamoms. Once heated, crush them to
form a powder and add a tsp of honey to it. Have this several times
- Prepare a mixture by combining 1 tsp each of mint juice and lime
juice, with 1/2 tsp ginger juice and a tsp honey. Have it 2-3 times
in a day.
- Boil a cup of water and add a tsp of cinnamon or one cinnamon
stick to it. Steep it for sometime and strain the water. Now, add a
tbsp of honey, for sweetening it. Have this decoction 2-3 times in a
- Holy Basil, catnip and peach bark tea are helpful for treating
vomiting. You can have them in any form you like.
- A tsp of onion juice, taken after every two hours, proves
beneficial in curing vomiting.
- Mix ¼ tsp powdered ginger, 1 cup apple juice and ¼ cup
water together. Blend the mixture well, until the ginger gets
dissolved, and add enough ice to make it slushy.
- Mix 1 tbsp each of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of
normal water and drink it before going to bed.
- Put some cloves, cardamoms or a cinnamon stick in your mouth.
This is an effective way to treat vomiting.
- Cut a lemon into two halves. Sprinkle some rock salt on one of
its piece. Lick this piece till all the juice runs out.
- Boil ½ cup of rice in 1 to 1½ cup of water. When the
rice gets cooked, strain the water and drink it. It will help cease
- Intaking half a tsp of grounded cumin seeds, along with water, is
helpful in stopping vomiting.
- Avoid too much of oily, spicy food, heavy and indigestible food,
when you are suffering from vomiting.
Comment On This Article