Here are presented a few Urinary Tract Infection
cure home remedies. Read about Urinary Tract Infection home remedy
Home Remedy for Urinary Tract Infection
An invasion of bacteria into the urinary tract causes
UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). The bacteria enter from the opening of
the urethra and proceed further into the urinary tract. Some of the
causes of UTI include sexual intercourse, multiple sexual partners and
holding urine for too long. Urinary tract infection can be very painful,
if not treated in time. It can also spread to the kidney, causing
serious health problems. Though the disease can affect members of both
the sex, women are more susceptible to it. Some of the common symptoms
of urinary tract infection are burning sensation while urinating, a
constant urge to urinate, blood in the urine, fever, vomiting, nausea,
backache and pain below the ribs. In the following lines, we have
provided some of the best home remedies for treating UTI.
Home Remedy For Urinary Tract Infection
- Baking soda is effective in curing urinary tract infection. In an
eight ounce glass of water, add ½ tsp of baking soda. Mix this
well and drink it.
- Have plenty of water in a day, as this would help in diluting and
flushing out the unwanted substances from the body.
- Drinking cranberry juice is another effective way to treat
urinary tract infection. For people who cannot have pure cranberry
juice, mixing it with some apple juice is an option.
- Mix equal proportions of sandalwood, bergamot, tea tree,
frankincense and juniper oil. Rub this combination of oil in the
abdominal area once a day, for three to four days.
- Mix equal parts of pipsissewa, buchu, echinacea and urva ursi
tinctures. Have 20 drops of this mixture, every two hours, for the
first two days and 1 tsp of this mixture, four times a day, later
- Another useful remedy for UTI would be to boil the leaves of blue
brinjal plant in water. Cool the decoction, strain it and have an
ounce of it two times in a day.
- Boil some coriander seeds in water. Cool the decoction, strain it
and have an ounce of it two times in a day. It will increase the
- The seeds of carrot are useful in treating urinary tract
infection. They can either be taken as an infusion or as a
- In a bowl of water, put some petals of lotus and pink rose and
bring it to boil. Strain the liquid after it cools. Have an ounce of
this, three times a day.
- Chameli plant decoction is helpful in curing urinary tract
infection. In a bowl of water, put chameli plant and bring it to
boil. Allow it to cool. Strain the liquid and drink it once daily.