Here are presented a few Toothache cure home
remedies. Read about Tooth pain home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Toothache
Toothache can be described as a sensation of pain or
soreness either in or around the tooth. It causes inflammation,
irritation, swelling and reddening of the area around the affected
tooth. The present-day lifestyle, full of stress and unhealthy eating
habits, has made toothache a common problem. Some of the reasons for
toothache are tooth decay, mouth bacteria, tooth cavity and excessive
consumption of soft drinks, candies, chocolates, refined carbohydrates
and sugar. Toothache can be mild, moderate, chronic or severe in nature.
It can, however, be treated by resorting to the natural ways. In the
following lines, we have provided some effective home remedies for
Home remedy for Toothache
- Place a clove of garlic, dipped in rock salt, under the affected
tooth. Alternatively, chew a clove of garlic every morning. Along
with curing the teeth, it would also make them strong.
- Another effective home remedy for toothache would be to chew a
raw onion everyday. It is believed that chewing a raw onion for
three minutes every day is sufficient to kill all the germs in the
- Lime serves as a rich source of Vitamin C and is, thus, effective
in curing all the dental problems. Rubbing a piece of lime on the
aching tooth is sure to bring relief.
- Wheat grass proves beneficial in the treatment of toothache.
Whenever you are suffering from the ailment, chew a piece of wheat
grass. It would help in extracting the toxins from the gum and also
- Grind some asafetida and lemon juice. Now, heat this solution
slightly. Dip a cotton ball in it and place it over the tooth
- Make a paste with bay berry and vinegar. Apply this paste over
the affected tooth.
- Clove oil proves useful in treating toothache. Apply this oil
over the affected tooth and leave there for sometime.
- To a 1/4 tsp of common salt, add a pinch of pepper powder. Apply
this mixture over the affected tooth. This is sure to relieve a
person from pain.
- Add a pinch of pepper in ½ tsp of clove oil and apply on the
affected tooth to get relief.
- For instant relief, put 2 to 3 drops of vanilla extract on the
- Another effective home remedy would be to peel a potato and cut
it into slices. Put one of the slices on the aching tooth, for 15
- Dip a tea bag in a cup of boiling water. Once the tea bag gets
hot, place it over the tooth. This would provide instant relief.
- Applying oregano oil on the tooth would provide relief from the
- Another effective home remedy would be to chew some leaves of the
- Place an ice cube over the aching tooth, for about 15 to 20
minutes. Repeat the process at least three to four times a day.
- Soak a cotton ball in brandy and squeeze it over the affected
- Rinse the affected tooth with some whiskey. For this, take a
mouthful of whiskey and savor it over the affected tooth for
- For toothache that results from trapped food, take a mouthful of
water and rinse your mouth thoroughly. This would surely help in
removing the stuck food particles.
- In 3 to 4 drops of mustard oil, add a pinch of salt. Massage the
jaws with this mixture. Not only would it provide relief from
toothache, but also make the gums and jaws strong.