Here are presented a few Tonsillitis cure home
remedies. Read about Tonsils home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Tonsillitis
Tonsils are lymph nodes, located on both sides of the
throat. Tonsillitis can be described as a bacterial or viral infection
that affects these lymph nodes. This infection results in enlargement of
the tonsils. Tonsillitis can be of varying degrees of seriousness -
mild, moderate and severe. In case of chronic tonsillitis, enlargement
of the tonsils is often accompanied with repeated attacks of infection.
A contagious disease by nature, tonsillitis can spread very quickly from
one person to another. Some of the most common symptoms of tonsillitis
are sore throat, fever, pain in the tonsils (especially when
swallowing), runny nose, nasal congestion, coughing and sneezing. The
ailment can, however, be treated at home, using natural remedies. In the
following lines, we have provided home remedies for tonsillitis.
Home Remedy For Tonsillitis
- One of the best home remedies for tonsillitis includes a glass of
warm water with four teaspoons of honey, a quarter teaspoon of
common salt and a fresh lime squeezed in it. Drink it twice in a
- Another effective remedy would be to drink a glass of boiled
milk, with a pinch of turmeric powder and pepper powder added to it,
before sleeping. Have this for three nights in a row.
- Combination of carrot, beet and cucumber juice is beneficial in
curing tonsillitis. Mix 300 ml of carrot juice, 100 ml of beet
juice, and 100 ml of cucumber juice and drink once in a day.
- In 50ml of milk, boil 12 gm of Viola odorata flowers. Strain the
milk, cool it and drink. The strained residue is also useful in
treating tonsillitis. Fry it in a little clarified butter and wear
it around the throat, as a poultice, at night.
- In half a liter of water, add 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds and simmer
it for half an hour. Let it cool for sometime. Strain the water and
gargle with it twice a day. It would be helpful in treating
- In a grinder, mix equal quantities of mustard, horseradish seeds,
jute seeds, flaxseeds, barley and radish seeds. Make a paste out of
the mixture and apply it over the tonsils.
- Burn a few twigs of water hyacinth plant, to produce ashes. Put
the ashes in mustard oil and apply it over the tonsils. This is a
good way to reduce inflammation.
- Soak the roots of white pea in water. Grind them after a few
minutes. Drink this water every morning and then eat a chapatti,
smeared with ghee.
- Scoop out the pulp of bitter tumbi. Now, fill the kernel of the
fruit, from which the pulp has been removed, with water and keep
aside for few hours. Drink a little of this water, everyday, for a
week. This is an effective way to cure tonsillitis.
- Another useful home remedy would be to boil some dry figs and
grind them. Add water to it, to make a paste. Apply it over the
- In a bowl of water, add a portion of babul tree bark and let it
boil. Allow it to simmer for 20 minutes. Once cool, strain the
decoction and use it for gargling.
- An effective home remedy would be to cut a lemon into two halves.
Sprinkle some black pepper and salt on one of the halves and press
it inside with a spoon. Keep licking the lemon till the entire juice
has been extracted. Repeat the process two times a day.
- Consuming a diet comprising entirely of fruits, for three to four
days, would help in treating the tonsillitis.
Comment On This Article