Here are presented a few Sun Burn cure home
remedies. Read about Sunburn home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Sunburn
Sunburn is the name of a burn that results from
exposure to ultraviolet radiation and results in the inflammation of the
skin. Over exposure to sun rays and ultraviolet light are the most
prevalent causes of sunburn. Though the problem does not seem to be too
severe, in worst cases, it might lead to death and even permanent
disability. Possibility of getting skin cancer is also not ruled out.
Some of the symptoms of sunburn include pain, heat and redness in the
affected area, which also becomes tender to touch. In the following
lines, we have listed some of the home remedies for curing sunburn.
Home Remedy For Sunburn
- An effective remedy for treating sunburn would be to apply a
cloth dipped in milk on the affected area. This would provide relief
from the burn.
- Another effective remedy would be to rub the affected area with
mustard oil. Apart from removing the burn, it would also provide
relief from the itching.
- Apply sliced cucumber or potato on the sun-burnt area. They would
provide a soothing effect to the area.
- Lavender oil is beneficial in treating sunburn. Apply it on the
affected area to get relief from the pain and itching.
- Take some sandalwood powder and water. Prepare a paste from the
two and apply on the affected area. This is sure to relieve a person
from the burning sensation.
- In a bowl, mix tomato juice and buttermilk, in the ratio of 1:6.
Apply this on the sun burnt area. Wash it after 30 minutes.
- Mix equal proportions of olive oil and vinegar and apply on the
affected area. Wash this after about an hour. This will bring relief
from the sunburn.
- Another effective home remedy would be to mix barley flour, honey
and raw egg, to make a paste. Apply this paste over the sun-burnt
area and wash off after sometime.
- Take some water in a bowl and put lettuce leaves in it. Place it
on flame and bring to a boil. Once it has cooled down, strain the
liquid and apply it on the affected area, using cotton balls.
- Before bathing, pour a cup of white cider vinegar into the
bathtub and enjoy a long bath. This would provide relief from the
- Mix wheat flour, milk and olive oil to make a paste. Apply this
paste on the affected area. After the paste dries, wash it off.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel on the affected area proves beneficial in
- In a blender, mix 2 tomatoes and 1 cucumber and make a puree. To
this, add a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this paste over the
suntanned and sun-burnt skin. Once dry, dab the puree once again.
Repeat the process three times. It would help remove the burn and
also add a glow to the skin.
- Boil some cabbage leaves and mash them. Apply the mashed cabbage
over the tanned and sun-burnt areas. Wash off it after 15 minutes.
- Rubbing green gourd on the affected areas, 3 to 4 times a day, is
helpful in removing the sunburn.
- A mixture of honey and lime is effective in treating sunburn. In
2 tbsp of honey, add a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this over the
affected area. It would help lighten the tan and ease off the pain
- In 3 tablespoons of milk, add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder. Apply
this all over the affected area. Once dry, wet it a little and rub
in circular motions, before rinsing it off with cool water.