Here are presented a few Sprain cure home
remedies. Read about Sprain home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Sprain
Wear and tear of the ligaments is a common
phenomenon, especially when a person indulges in regular physical
activity. A sprain can be described as an injury in which the tissues
around the injured joint get torn. These tissues, better known as
ligaments, are extremely soft in nature. They connect two or more bones
together to form a joint. During a sprain, one or more ligaments get
worn out and tear apart. Wrists, ankles and knees are the areas most
susceptible to sprains. Some of the common causes of sprain are sudden
fall, a forceful blow to the body, twisting, stepping on an uneven
surface, lifting heavy objects and over-stretching of the ligaments.
Though it is not a fracture, sprain can be just as painful. Through the
following lines, we will tell you how to treat a sprain with home
Home Remedy For Sprain
- The most effective way to treat sprain would be to apply cold
compress on the area and cover it with a bandage.
- For a foot sprain, the best bet would be to put a tbsp of black
coffee in the bandage and wrap the hurt foot with it.
- A simple way to get relief from pain and cure sprain would be to
soak the outer leaves of a cabbage in water. Now, wrap the sprained
area with these leaves and let them remain there for about 10 to 15
- In a bowl of warm water, put a few drops of lavender oil. Soak
the sprained area in this water.
- A popular home remedy for sprain is to massage the area with a
mixture of almond oil and garlic oil.
- Chop onions and wrap them in a muslin cloth. Place the cloth on
the affected area for sometime.
- In a cup of sunflower oil, mix 1 tsp of camphor oil. Massage the
affected area with this oil mixture. It would provide immense relief
from the pain.
- Another effective oil combination would comprise of a mixture of
2 tbsp sunflower oil and 1 tbsp turpentine oil. Store this mixture
in a glass jar and massage the sprained area with it, on a daily
- An effective way to cure the pain experienced during sprain would be
to have lots of pineapple but you must ensure that you have fresh pineapples
since canned and processed foods may lose a lot of their nutritional values.
- A simple way to cure sprain would be to give the affected area a
hot Epsom salt bath.
- In case of immense pain, take a glass of warm milk and add some
turmeric powder to it. Have this milk two times a day. It would
provide instant relief.
- In a tsp of honey, add 1 tsp of lime juice. Massage this mixture
on the affected area to treat sprains.
- Prepare a paste by blending together lime leaves and butter.
Apply this paste over the sprained area and leave it there for
sometime. This would help heal the sprain.
- To get relief from the pain experienced during sprain, add five
drops of thyme oil to your bathing water and have a hot tub bath.
Comment On This Article