Here are presented a few Sore Throat cure home
remedies. Read about Sore Throat home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Sore Throat
Sore throat is an inflammation or swelling in the
pharynx i.e. at the back of the throat. Often caused by a viral
infection, sore throat is the result of cold, cough or flu. Other causes
of sore throat include tonsillitis, mumps, sinusitis, measles,
diphtheria, leukemia, excessive smoking, talking loudly and shouting.
Some of the most common symptoms of sore throat are irritation of
throat, chills and fever, pain, swollen and tender lymph glands and
difficulty in swallowing. Though sore throat is generally harmless, it
can cause serious problems if prolonged. Still, sore throats can be
effectively treated at home, using the natural therapies. In the
following lines, we have provided some home remedies for curing sore
Home Remedy For Sore Throat
- The most effective way to cure sore throat would be to mix 4
cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp of honey and 1/8 tsp of cayenne. Have 1 tsp
of this mixture, everyday, during sore throat. Make sure to chew it
well, before swallowing.
- In a cup of water, put some Holy Basil leaves. Boil this
concoction, allow it to cool and strain well. You can either drink
it or use it for gargling.
- A simple remedy for treating sore throat would be to gargle with
lukewarm water. Add some salt to it, before gargling. This would
surely provide relief.
- In a pint of boiling water, add 1 or 2 tsp dried chamomile
blossoms. Let them steep well and then strain the water. Have a cup
of this decoction, every few hours, during sore throat.
- Another effective home remedy for sore throat would be to mix a
tsp each of apple cider vinegar and honey, along with a pinch of
cayenne pepper and extracted juice of 1/4th lemon, in a cup of hot
water. Stir well before drinking. Have this mixture 4 times in a
- Boil a glass of water. In it, add a pinch of powdered cloves, a
pinch of pepper powder and 1 tsp honey. Drink this concoction once
in a day, preferably early morning. This is an effective way to cure
- Fenugreek seeds are beneficial in treating sore throat. In a
glass of lukewarm water, add some fenugreek seeds and let them steep
for sometime. Strain the water and gargle with it, to cure sore
- In a pint of boiling water, add 2 sprigs of coarsely chopped
parsley, 3 whole spice cloves, 1 tsp of powdered myrrh and 1/4 tsp
of powdered goldenseal. Let the water simmer for sometime, cool it
and then strain the decoction. Use it for gargling.
- Take a cup with a lid and put some honey in it. Now, cut an onion
slice and soak it in the honey. Put on the lid and keep aside for an
hour. Have a tsp of this honey every few hours.
- Another beneficial method to get relief from sore throat would be
to drink a glass of warm water, with lemon juice and some honey
added to it.
- Take a lemon and cut it into two halves. In one of the pieces,
sprinkle some salt and black pepper. Press it with a knife so that
the pepper and salt penetrates in. Now, warm this lime piece and
lick it. Have this twice or thrice a day, to get immediate relief
from sore throat.
- Barberry Tincture is effective in curing sore throat. Take 1/4th
cup water and add 15 to 20 drops of the tincture to it. Have this
water thrice daily, for 10 days.
- In 600 ml of water, add 25 grams fresh sage water and 1/4th tsp
cayenne. Give it a boil and allow it to cool. Now, strain this
decoction and drink once in a day.
- Make tea by putting a tsp of dried red sage in one cup of boiling
water. Cover it with a lid and leave for 10 minutes. Now, strain
this mixture and add a few drops of vinegar to it. You can either
drink it as tea or use it for gargling.
Comment On This Article