Here are presented a few Scurvy cure home
remedies. Read about Scurvy home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Scurvy
Prolonged deficiency of ascorbic acid, also known as
vitamin C, in the human body causes scurvy. It is also known as
Moeller's disease, Cheadle's disease and Barlow's disease. Scurvy is
characterized by darkened gums and loose teeth and is generally seen in
people whose diet is low in fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. The
symptoms of scurvy are bleeding gums, joints pain, poor healing capacity
of the wounds, liver spots and general weakness of the body. People who
spend a lot of time away from the main land (being on sea), children
with diet lacking in vitamin C and infants weaned early from their
mother's milk are those whom scurvy is likely to strike more. However,
the ailment can be treated at home easily, using the natural remedies.
In the following lines, we have provided some home remedies to cure
Home Remedy For Scurvy
- Extract the juice of a lemon and mix it with one tsp honey. Now,
put this mixture in a glass of warm water. Have this decoction two
times a day.
- Indian gooseberry is beneficial in treating scurvy. The fruit of
this plant should be eaten regularly. Have four fruits per day, at
- Another way to treat scurvy would be to mix powdered Indian
gooseberry and sugar in equal amounts. Have 1 tsp of this powder,
with a glass of milk, every night, before sleeping.
- Include foods rich in Vitamin C, such as oranges, sweet lemons,
watermelons, grapefruits, cantaloupes, green leafy vegetables and
tomatoes, in your diet.
- In 500 ml of water, boil some leaves of jaundice berry. Keep on
boiling until the decoction gets reduced to one-third. Consume this
in a dose of 2 to 4 ml, everyday.
- Powdered raw mango, also known as aamchur, is beneficial in
treating scurvy. In a glass of water, add ½ tsp of this powder.
- For infants, the best deal would be to give them cow's milk,
along with breast milk.
- Potatoes are also beneficial in treating scurvy. Every 100 grams
of potato contains approximately 17 mg of Vitamin C. Consuming
potatoes will help you cure the ailment.
- Fresh air and sunshine have proven to be beneficial in curing
Vitamin C deficiency. Go out and enjoy mingling with nature.