Here are presented a few Ringworm cure home
remedies. Read about Ring worm home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Ringworm
Ringworms may infect the human body either in the
form of a skin disease or as a parasite that thrives on human body and
lies in the intestine. As a fungal infection, it can be found under the
fingernails or any place in the body, feet and scalp. It forms a red
round spot on the skin and is contagious in nature. Ringworms can be
passed from one person to the other by direct skin-to-skin contact or on
contact with contaminated articles such as combs, unwashed clothing and
shower or pool surfaces. Ringworm patches last on the skin for a maximum
of 2 weeks, while the ones on the scalp can extend anywhere between four
days to a week. The ringworms that are found in the intestine are
generally caused due to weak immune system. Whatever be the type of
ringworm infection, it can be treated by resorting to certain natural
ways. Read on to know some home remedies for treating ringworms.
Home Remedy For Ringworm
For Ringworm Patches
- Papaya is beneficial in treating ringworm patches. Rub a slice of
papaya on the ringworm patches. Another alternative would be to make
a paste with the powder of dry papaya seeds and water. Apply this
paste over the ringworm patches. Let it dry and then wash off.
- Prepare a paste of mustard seeds and water. Wash the skin using
hot water thoroughly before applying this paste over the ringworm
patches. Let the paste dry and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Make a paste using the seeds of the herb butea, combined with
some lime juice. Apply this past over the affected area and rinse it
off after it dries. This is effective way to treat ringworm.
- Extract the juice of the leaves of cassia tree and apply on the
affected area. It will help stop the irritation of the skin and
lessen the swelling and pain as well. Another way would be make a
paste out of the leaves, with water, and apply it on the patches.
- Extract the juice of holy basil and apply it over the affected
area. This will prove beneficial in treating ringworm patches.
- The juice of raw turmeric is beneficial, when applied on the
patches. You can also consume a mixture of 1 tsp turmeric juice and
1 tsp honey.
- Raw vegetable juice is beneficial in treating ringworm patches.
Combine 300 ml carrot juice and 200 ml spinach juice and drink on a
For Intestinal Ringworms
- For treating intestinal ringworms, the best bet would be to have ½
cup juice of mint leaves daily. This will be helpful in curing
- Drinking 1 oz fresh amla juice everyday, for five days, will
prove helpful in destroying worms.
- For children, soak cotton ball in asafetida solution and place it
on the anus. This would be helpful in treating ringworms.
- Having tomatoes, sprinkled with black pepper and salt, early in
the morning, on an empty stomach, is effective in curing ringworms.
- Two grams of powdered mango kernel, taken with hot water, will be
effective in treating ringworms.
- Consuming mulberry fruit is helpful in curing ringworm. The syrup
of the fruit is also helpful in killing the worms.
Comment On This Article