Here are presented a few Rheumatism cure home
remedies. Read about Rheumatism home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Rheumatism
Derived from a Greek word 'rhuema', which means
swelling, rheumatism is essentially a condition in which a person
experiences severe pain in bone, muscles and joints, along with
swelling. It mostly affects people above 45 years of age and is found in
both men and women. There are basically two types of rheumatism -
muscular rheumatism, which affects the muscles, and articular
rheumatism, which affects the joints. Some of the causes of rheumatism
are poisoning of blood with acid wastes, physically stressful work, damp
weather conditions and acid-alkaline imbalance. Heredity factors,
hormonal disorder and infection in teeth are some of the other causes of
rheumatism. However, rheumatism can be cured with some natural remedies.
In the following lines, we have provided the best home remedies to treat
Home Remedy For Rheumatism
- An effective way to treat rheumatism would be to have one or two
tsp of raw potato juice before meals.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cod liver oil in a glass of orange juice.
Whip and drink this juice before going to bed.
- In a glass of warm water, dissolve 2 tsp each of apple cider
vinegar and honey. Have this concoction once or twice a day.
- Mix carrot juice and lemon juice in equal proportions. Have a
large spoonful of this concoction, everyday, to cure rheumatism.
- In two tbsp of water, add one tbsp fresh limejuice. Have this
twice a day -in the morning and at night.
- In a pint of warm water, mix juice of three lemons and three
tablespoons Epsom salts. Take one tsp of the mixture in the morning
and one in the evening.
- Mix oil of wintergreen, chloroform and rubbing alcohol in the
ratio of 1:3:12. Once the mixture is prepared, rub it on the
- In a quarter of cranberry juice, dissolve 4 tsp blackstrap
molasses. Drink one glass of this juice everyday, for curing
- Peel some potatoes. Wash 30 grams of this peeling in half a liter
of water. Strain the decoction and have it three or four times
daily. This is an effective way to treat rheumatism.
- The green stalk of rhubarb is effective in curing rheumatism.
Crush this with equal amounts of sugar. Have a tsp of this mixture
three or four times everyday.
- Include foods rich in calcium, magnesium and vitamin C in the
diet. This would help in treating rheumatism.
- Extract a cup of bitter gourd juice. Mix it with a tsp of honey.
Daily dose of this, for three months, would be helpful in treating
- Celery is beneficial in curing rheumatism. You can either use it
as a condiment or a fluid extract. 5 to 10 drops of this fluid
should be mixed with a glass of hot water. Have this decoction
- Consuming half a dozen walnuts everyday is beneficial in treating
rheumatism. However, make sure you chew them properly.
- In a bucket of warm water, add some rosemary oil. Dip the
affected area in this water. This would provide relief from the pain
and treat the inflammation as well.