Here are presented a few Poison Ivy cure home
remedies. Read about Poison Ivy home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Poison Ivy
Poison oak or ivy, as it is known as, is a plant that
is mostly found in North America. Scientifically known as Toxicodendron
diversilobum, it has leaves divided into three densely haired leaflets,
with three to seven distinct lobes. It is a woody vine which produces
urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rash in most people.
The weeds of the plant cause allergic reactions when people come in
contact with it. Though not a contagious disease, it leads to a lot of
trouble for the infected person. Young people with fair skin are more
prone to getting affected by the disease, when compared to others.
Itching, inflammation, redness, swollenness and blistering of the skin
are some of the symptoms of poison ivy. However, poison ivy can be
easily treated at home. In the following lines, we have provided home
remedies for curing poison ivy.
Home Remedy For Poison Ivy
- In a cup of sunflower oil, put a cup of fresh feverfew blossoms.
Put this in a pan and place on flame. After it comes to a boil,
reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes. When it has
cooled down, add 8 well-chopped garlic cloves. Store this mixture in
a jar and keep it on a window sill for 2 weeks. Make sure you shake
it once everyday. Use it on the affected area.
- In boiling water, put washed leaves of a sweet fern. Steep for a
few minutes and strain well. Apply this over the affected area. This
will prove helpful in curing poison ivy.
- Garlic oil is effective in treating poison ivy. Use it over the
affected area and it will remove poison ivy completely.
- Another effective remedy would be to wet the infected area and
rub it with table salt. This would provide relief and also prevent
the poison ivy from spreading.
- Peel a banana and rub the inner side of the peel on the rash.
This will prove effective in curing poison ivy.
- Put the infected area under running water. This would wash away
histamines, which cause itching of skin.
- In a bowl of warm water, put 3 cups oats. Now, soak the infected
area in this solution and rub it slightly. This would provide
immense relief from itching.
- Mix ¾ cup of warm water and ¼ cup of bleach. Apply this
solution on the affected area, using a washcloth. It will be
effective in killing the poison within 2-3 days.
- Aloe vera juice is also beneficial in curing poison ivy. Apply it
over the affected area.
- Rub the fresh cut stems of Jewelweed plant over the rash. It
would provide instant relief from itching.
- Mix oatmeal and warm water, to form a thick paste. Apply this
paste over the poison ivy rash and allow it to dry. Rinse off with
- Another effective remedy would be to prepare a paste using baking
soda and water. Apply this paste over the affected region and rinse
it off after it dries.
Comment On This Article