Here are presented a few Itching cure home
remedies. Read about Itching home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Itching
Itching is the irritation of the skin. There is a
yearning to scratch the affected area. Almost everybody meets up with
this disease at one point of life. Scratching the affected area can
create further problems as the skin might get bruised and sore. It can
even be painful at the later stages. There are various causes for
itching. Dry skin is one of the prime causes for itching. Others include
exposure or contact with chemicals, sunburn, cold weather, overexposure
to water, insect bites or stings and hot baths. From being limited to a
specific area, to being generalized, itching can occur at any part of
the body. The desire to scratch the affected area is the symptoms of
itching. The best way to deal with it would be to retreat to the natural
remedies. In the following lines, we provide how to cure/treat itching
Home Remedy For Itching
- A simple way to treat itching would be to have bath putting 2
cups of oatmeal in a tub with lukewarm water.
- Dust the affected area with cornstarch. Alternatively, some
cornstarch can be poured in the bath water as well.
- In the bath water, add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. This
would work well to provide relieve from itching.
- Apply cold compress to the affected area. This is likely to
reduce the itchiness caused.
- A good remedy to get relieved from itchiness would be to apply
fresh stinging nettle oil on the affected area. Otherwise, drink 1
to 2 cups of Nettle tea daily. For this, add 1 tsp of the dried
nettle leaves in a cup of boiling water. Allow it to steep for 15
- Soak 2 large handfuls of fresh chickweed in water. When the plant
softens, cool it and apply on the affected area.
- Taking bath with lukewarm water is also beneficial in treating
the problem of itching.
- Include foods rich in Vitamin C, beta-carotene, Vitamin E and
zinc in the diet.
- Take honey and cinnamon powder in equal proportions. Make a fine
paste out of it and apply this on the affected area. This would stop
- In a bathtub filled with water, add a cup of white vinegar. Soak
the body for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Coat the affected area with a light paste of coconut oil and
limejuice. This is a good remedy to cure itching.
- Mix some baking soda with water. make a paste and apply this on
the affected area.
- Neem is very useful in treating itchiness. Boil some neem leaves
and pour the decoction in the boiling water. Applying neem oil on
the affected area is also helpful.
Comment On This Article