Here are presented a few Influenza cure home
remedies. Read about Influenza home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Influenza
Influenza or more popularly known as flu is a highly
contagious disease. It is caused due to infection from influenza
viruses. Flu generally affects the like nose, ear, eyes, throat and
lungs spreading to the lungs and the bronchi. Striking suddenly,
influenza has the capability to spread like an epidemic engulfing a
large portion of the population. Chills, fever, headache and severe
muscular pains are the starting symptoms of influenza. Some of the
causes of influenza are viral infection, unhealthy lifestyle, tension
and stress, excessive workload, lack of proper exercise, living in
stuffy rooms and staying awake up till late hours. There is no proper
medication for flu. Nonetheless, it can be treated using natural
remedies. Read onto know how to cure influenza at home.
Home Remedy For Influenza
- The best remedy to cure influenza would be to have plenty of
fluids. Do not let the body get dehydrated as liquids thin all the
- Dip a cloth with cold water and apply it on the forehead. This
would be effective in curing influenza.
- In a cup of boiling water add, 1 tsp bayberry bark, 1 tsp grated
ginger root and ½ tsp cayenne powder. Allow it to sit for about
20 minutes before drinking. This is an effective way to cure
- Increase in the consumption of foods rich in vitamin C. this is
because it gives a boost to the immune system and increases the
white blood cells.
- Include garlic in the diet. Eat raw garlic empty stomach in the
- A simple way to get relieved from flu would be to have bath in
tub to lukewarm water.
- Ginger tea is helpful in curing flu. Prepare a tea by adding 2-3
slices of ginger.
- Alternatively, instead of ginger, garlic can also be used. Make
tea using 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- Combine ½ tsp of powdered long pepper, two teaspoons of
honey and ½ tsp of ginger juice. Have this combination three
times a day.
- In a cup of warm milk, add a tsp of turmeric. Intake such milk,
thrice a day. Not only would it prevent complications arising from
influenza, it would also activate the liver.
- Mix equal amounts of onion juice and honey. Consume 3 to 4 tsp of
this mixture everyday.
- Prepare fenugreek decoction by boiling one tablespoon of
fenugreek seeds in ½ liter of water, till it is reduced to
1/3rd. In a cup of this fenugreek decoction, add a tsp of fresh
ginger juice and honey to flavor. Intake this mixture.
- Intake grapefruit juice as it helps in treating influenza.
- In ½ liter of water, add one gram of holy basil leaves along
with some ginger. Boil this decoction until only ½ the mixture
is left. Have this decoction as tea.
- Warm some water and mix a few drops of lemon and some honey. This
is a good mixture to loosen phlegm.
- For the non-vegetarians, consume chicken soup as it is useful in
Comment On This Article