Here are presented a few Hives cure home
remedies. Read about Hives home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Hives
Medically known as urticaria, hives is an ailment of
the skin which causes rings and patches all over the body. Hives are
caused by a chemical termed as histamine, which is why red blotches form
on the skin surface. These appear in groups and are generally red in
color. Hives appear in different sizes, varying on how serious the
illness is. It is usually caused when a person is allergic to a
particular thing. These may be a particular medicine, nuts, eggs,
berries, insect bites, jelly fish, etc. at times, it also occurs due to
tight clothes, exposure to extreme weather, hereditary or even sweat.
The most common symptoms of hives are swelling on the affected region,
itchiness, pain and difficulty in doing routine activity. However, hives
can be cured at home retreating to the natural remedies. Learn how to
treat hives at home.
Home Remedy For Hives
- The most popular and effective way to cure hives would be to ka e
cool compresses. Taking cool showers or bath would help in treating
- A natural way to cure hives would be to apply Vitamin E oil on
the affected area. Repeat the process at least two times a day.
- Fill half of the bathtub with lukewarm water and add ½ cup
each of cornstarch and baking soda. Soak the body in this water. It
is an effective remedy for treating hives.
- Drinking peppermint, chamomile or valerian tea is helpful in
curing hives. These soothe the mind and are thus helpful in treating
- Coat the affected area with Aloe Vera. This is helpful in curing
hives. One can either go for the pulp of Aloe Vera or the cream
- Prepare tea adding 2 tsp of powdered stinging nettle. To this,
add a tsp of honey or a few drops of lemon for flavor. Nettles are
known to have healing effect over the hives.
- Increase the consumption of foods that are rich in Vitamin C and
Vitamin E with Zinc.
- Mix 2 cups of oatmeal and 3 tsp of cornstarch. Add a little water
to make a paste. Coat the hive-affected area with this paste for
about half an hour. Then, wash with water.
- Swimming in chlorine water is beneficial in treating hives. It
would help to drive out the hives.
- In a tsp of olive oil or vegetable oil, add a few drops of
grapefruit seed extract. Apply this mixture over the affected area.
This solves dual purpose - reduces itching as well as heals hives.
- Alternatively, add grapefruit seed extract in a cup of water.
spray the solution on the affected area.
- Dab milk of magnesia on the affected area. This would remove the
irritation as well as the itching. Apply this several times a day.
- It is advisable to avoid any kind of heat in the body. This would
dilate the blood vessel and increases the hives instead.
- In a cup of boiling water, add a tablespoon of oatmeal. Allow it
to steep for half an hour. Thereafter, strain the mixture and apply
it over the affected using a cotton ball.