Here are presented a few Hiccups cure home
remedies. Read about Hiccups home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Hiccups
Hiccups are involuntary actions over which we have
not control. These reflex actions are caused due to the contractions in
the diaphragm muscles. The diaphragm muscle divides the chest from the
stomach. Hence, irritation in this causes breathing to be erratic, which
causes the sound. Other causes of hiccups are eating too much and too
fast, sudden excitement, hot and spicy foods, stomach disorders, kidney
problems and infection in lungs. Although hiccups disappear on their
own, continuous hiccups for a day or two is a cause for concern. Given
are some home remedies for hiccups.
Home Remedy For Hiccups
- A simple home remedy for hiccups would be to have water
frequently in short durations.
- Having a spoonful of peanut butter would work well in stopping
- Taking deep breaths when a person is having hiccups is
- A good home remedy for treating hiccups is to gargle, using
- Lick a tablespoon of sugar slowly. This is an effective natural
way to cure hiccups.
- Yet another simple trick would be to divert the mind to something
else. this is effective in stopping hiccups.
- In a cup of yoghurt, add 2 tsp of common salt. Have this slowly
to stop the hiccups.
- Take 2 cups of water and add ½ tsp of cardamom powder to it.
Boil the water and then filter it. Have the filtrate to stop the
- Another remedy would be to suck crushed ice. This would provide
- Take a piece of ginger and suck it slowly. This would stop the
- Combine 1/2 tsp mustard seeds with 1/2 tsp of pure ghee. Swallow
this mixture as it would stop the hiccups instantly.
Comment On This Article