Here are presented a few Heartburn cure home
remedies. Read about Heartburn home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Heartburn
A burning sensation and pain in the stomach and chest
region is termed as heartburn. Also known as pyrosis, it is generally a
burning or painful sensation in the esophagus. This is caused due to the
upward direction of gastric acid from the stomach to the chest. On its
way up, the acid aggravates the tissues in the esophagus and the throat.
Though termed heartburn, it is a digestive problem and is not concerned
with the functioning of the heart. Eating fatty/oily foods, pregnancy,
wearing extremely tight clothes, bending down, sleeping on a full
stomach are some of the causes of heartburn. The symptoms of heartburn
are bloating, gas, nausea, shortness of breath and/or an acidic or sour
taste in the throat and mouth. However, heartburn can be treated at home
using natural remedies. Learn to know how to cure heartburn naturally.
Home Remedy For Heartburn
- On the first sign of heartburn, it is advisable to have water in
larger quantities. This would work for those, whose symptoms are not
- An easy home remedy for heartburn would be to have half a tsp of
baking soda in a glass of water. It is effective in treating
- Combine 1 tablespoonful of apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoonful of
honey and 1 cup of warm water. Having this mixture would provide
relief from heartburn.
- Consuming buttermilk during heartburn would bring in relief. It
works very well for the ailment.
- Cinnamon is useful in treating heartburn. Make tea using cinnamon
sticks. Have this tea once or twice a day. Another way to have it
would be to prepare cinnamon sandwich.
- In a cup of water, add 1 ½ tsp of ginger root. Simmer this
for about 10 minutes. Intake this drink as it would bring in relief
for the pain.
- In a pan of 1 cup boiling water, put a tablespoon of the dried
marshmallow root. Cover the pan with a lid and allow it to simmer
for 15 minutes. Strain this liquid and have at least 3 - 4 cups per
- Drinking Aloe Vera juice acts beneficially in healing intestinal
tract and thus relieving a person suffering from heartburn.
- Take 1 or 2 raw potato and wash them well. Do not peel, instead,
cut them into pieces and churn them. Drink the juice immediately.
The other option would be to mix it with some other juice for taste.
However make sure that it is drunk instantly.
- Prepare tea using chamomile tea. Intake this tea after meals.
This would relieve a person from esophageal irritation.
- Take 1 tsp of yellow mustard with about ½ glass of water.
This would stop heartburn instantly.
- Take a cabbage and cut it into pieces. Immerse this in a pot of
water and let it cook for about 7 minutes. Thereafter, add some
mashed potatoes and a little olive oil. Have this mixture. It would
heal the sensation of heartburn.
Comment On This Article