Here are presented a few Head Louse cure home
remedies. Read about Head lice home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Head Louse
Head louse is the presence of ectoparasites on the
human hair. While it is more often seen in children, adults are not
spared from it completely. For some people, it occurs during some
seasons of the year, while the rest have them at anytime. The presence
of lice weakens the roots of the hair and also causes hair fall. Apart
from being unhygienic, these are also social embarrassment for the
person suffering. Lice may be caused due to untidy hair, improper
maintenance of long hair, staying with a person who is already suffering
from it or using chemical-based shampoo, etc. once infected, lice should
be removed instantly and the best way to do it would be to adhere to the
natural ways. In the following lines, we provide the home remedies to
treat/ cure head louse.
Home Remedy For Head Louse
- One of the effective remedy for treating head louse would be to
extract the juice from an onion. Apply this juice on the scalp of
the head and keep it for 3 to 4 hours. Thereafter, shampoo the hair.
Repeat this process for 3 days.
- Grind a raw custard apple with its seeds. Store the powder in an
air tight box and apply it on the scalp before going to bed. Tie a
cloth bandage on it. Have a head wash the next morning.
- Alternatively, custard apple powder can be used to make a paste
using some water. Apply this paste and keep it overnight. Wash the
hair the next morning. Not only would it clear the lice and the
nits, but also keep the dandruff away.
- Mix 6 tsp of water and 2 tsp of vinegar. Dab this mixture on the
scalp and tie a cloth bandage over it. Keep it overnight. Apply this
mixture two times a week.
- Oil the hair using tea tree oil or any other essential oil at the
night. Have a head wash the next morning.
- Another way to use the tea tree oil would be to add 10-15 drops
of it into the shampoo. Use this shampoo as a hair wash.
- Oil the hair using mayonnaise oil. Keep it for two hours.
Thereafter, comb the hair.
- Take 3 to 4 tsp of butter and add a few drops of lemon to it.
Apply this mixture on the head and keep it for some time. (20
seconds given) Wash the hair thoroughly.
- Combine equal quantity of baby oil and vinegar. Apply this
combination on the scalp and keep it for an hour. Later, rinse
thoroughly using a shampoo.
- Have a head wash and then apply Listerine. Keep it for about 10
to 15 minutes after which, rinse the hair using water.
- Make a paste using 8 to 10 almonds. In this, add 2 to 3 tsp of
lime juice. Apply this paste and leave it for ½ an hour. Rinse
the hair thoroughly.
- Take 1 tsp each of garlic and lime juice and make a paste. Apply
this paste and keep it for half an hour. Thereafter, have a head
- Take an apple and chop it into small pieces. Apply these pieces
into the hair. Massage it well for about half an hour. Later, wash
the hair. Repeat this for three days.
- Add some camphor to a freshly extracted coconut oil. Keep this
overnight. Wash the hair the next morning. Repeat this process for
at least 4 days.
Comment On This Article