Here are presented a few bad breath halitosis
cure home remedies. Read about halitosis home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Halitosis
Halitosis, or more popularly known as bad breath, is
a condition when an unpleasant odor emits out from the oral cavity of a
person. It has become a very common ailment. The origin of the bad
breath is mainly from the mouth but at times non oral parts such as
upper and lower respiratory tracts, the gastrointestinal tract, and some
diseases involving the kidneys may also be the reason. The major causes
for halitosis are Poor dental hygiene, tooth infections, smoking,
diabetes, hiatus hernia, etc. The remnants of food deposits settling in
the tongue or mouth also give scope for the growth and breeding of
bacteria. Apart from being destructive for the mouth, it is also a
social embarrassment and needs to be treated. In the following lines, we
provide the natural ways or the home remedies to cure halitosis.
Home Remedy For Halitosis
- The simplest and the most effective home remedy to cure halitosis
would be to take fenugreek tea. Make a tea using fenugreek seeds.
Intake this tea regularly.
- Chewing raw green guava is helpful in curing bad breath. It would
serve very helpful in treating halitosis.
- In 2 cups of water, add several sprigs of coarsely chopped
parsley so that it steeps in water. Add 2 to 3 whole cloves or a tsp
of powdered cloves. Strain this mixture and use it as a mouth wash.
- Cardamoms can be used as a mouth freshner and helps in treating
halitosis. Chew cardamom after meals and in between the long
intervals. This would surely cure a person from bad breath.
- Deep breaths are helpful in curing halitosis. Perform pranayam at
least half an hour every day.
- Include a lot of vegetables and fruits in the regular diet. This
would act beneficially in solving the problem of halitosis.
- Rinsing the mouth with baking soda helps in solving the problem
of halitosis. Mix baking soda in a cup of water. Gargle with this
- Squeeze a lemon and add a little honey to it. Have this mixture
two times a day both, in the morning and evening. This would be
useful in treating bad breath problem.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of oil of oregano in the drinking water. this
would help solve the problem of halitosis.
- Chewing mint leaves is also beneficial in curing a person who is
suffering from bad breath or halitosis.
- Choose a mouth wash which contains eucalyptol and thymol. Derived
from eucalyptus and thyme respectively, these proved worthwhile in
destroying bad breath.
- Increase in the intake of foods rich in vitamins C and E. These
help in reducing the bad breath.
- It is advisable that people suffering from bad breath should
brush their teeth immediately after consuming food rich in sulfur.
- It is very important to have a well balanced diet. Have foods
that consist of seeds, nuts, vegetables, grains and fruits.