Here are presented a few Gout cure home
remedies. Read about Gout home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Gout
Gout is a condition when there is excess of uric acid
deposits in the body. It is a type of arthritis. In this case, the
minimum level of uric acid present in the body increases. As such, these
deposit in the joints, instead of being flushed into the kidneys. Gout
mainly causes swollenness or inflammation which is usually seen in the
knees, feet, hands, wrists and elbows. At times, deposition is also seen
in the areas below the skin and in the kidneys and the urinary tract. It
is noted that the symptoms of gout are usually visible only in the
night. The most common symptoms are pain and inflammation in the joints,
swelling and feeling of pressure in the area where the swelling has
occurred. Unhealthy diet is the prime cause for gout. It can however, be
treated using some home remedies. Know more on how to cure gout
Home Remedy For Gout
- In a glass of water, squeeze half lemon. Take this concoction
three times a day. Since lemon is rich in vitamin C, it helps in
dissolving the gouty deposits.
- Intake 6 to 8 ounces of fluid per day. Not only would it lessen
the gout attack, but would also prevent kidney stones from
- French beans are helpful in treating gout. Extract half a cup of
juice and drink this once or twice everyday. It would provide a
healing effect and also reduce inflammation.
- Grind mustard powder and mix equal proportion of whole wheat
powder. Add water to this mixture to make a paste. Apply this paste
over the affected area.
- Take 2 tsp each of organic apple cider vinegar and honey. Consume
this mixture once a day.
- Take a bucket of warm water and add two cups of Epsom salt in it.
Dip the feet in it until the water loses its heat.
- Dip a white flannel cloth in warm castor oil. Place this over the
affected area. Cover it with a plastic and apply heating pads to it.
- For temporary relief, apply ice cubes over the affected area.
This would reduce the pain instantly.
- Combine one cup each of vinegar and water. Add 1tsp of pepper to
it. Dab this mixture on the painful joint and keep it for about 2 to
- Consume 3-4 bananas everyday. Since bananas are rich in minerals
like phosphorus, it would react with the uric deposits thus
- For people who suffer from gout in their toes, fill the bathtub
with water and add one-third cup of ground ginger in it. Soak the
affected area for about 30 minutes, after which, rinse thoroughly.
- Regularly exercising works well to treat gout problem. The
exercise should focus on the joints. Stretching joints and muscles
would help to maintain a range of motion.
- Increase in the consumption of foods rich in vitamin C such as
citrus fruits, berries, tomatoes, green pepper and leafy green
- Apples, cherries and strawberries are beneficial in treating
Comment On This Article