Here are presented a few bleeding gums cure home
remedies. Read about Gingivitis home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Gingivitis
Gingivitis or bleeding gums is an inflammation caused
in the mouth. It affects the tissues surrounding teeth and gums. A
periodontal disease, gingivitis may turn into serious tooth problems, if
not treated on time. It can also lead to the destruction of bone and
tooth loss. Gingivitis is caused due to plaque, bacteria and food
particles accumulation between the gums and the teeth. Though this might
look a menial affair, the accumulation emits toxic elements. These
elements, in turn, cause the inflammation of the gums. Some of the
symptoms of gingivitis are painful gums, bleeding while brushing, red
gums, swollen gums, tender gums, bad breath and bad taste in mouth.
However, gingivitis can be treated at home following some natural
remedies. Learn some home remedies for curing gingivitis.
Home Remedy For Gingivitis
- The best home remedy to cure gingivitis would be to brush twice
regularly. Use herbal toothpaste and herbal mouthwash.
- One of the most effective natural remedies to cure gingivitis is
to rub the gums with clove oil. There may be burning sensation but
it would heal the ailment. Another method would be to chew a piece
of clove in the mouth.
- Toothpaste containing mint, babool, neem, holy basil would be the
best deal to fight gingivitis. Not only do they avoid the spreading
of the infection, but also reduce the swelling or inflammation.
- Gargling also helps treat gingivitis. Take a glass of lukewarm
water and add a pinch of salt to it. Gargle with this concoction,
twice a day.
- Gargling with triphala concoction is beneficial in curing
gingivitis. In a glass of lukewarm water, add a tsp of triphala
powder. Gargle with this combination.
- Aloe vera proves helpful in treating gingivitis. Rub the aloe
vera pulp in the mouth. After rubbing once, gargle with water.
Repeat the process a few times.
- Combine 2 tsp of white oak bark herbal powder, 1 tsp of myrrh
herbal powder, ¾ tsp of peppermint leaves' powder, 1/8 tsp of
clove powder. Grind this mixture and store it in an air tight
container. Have 1 tablespoon of this mixture every morning and
night. Rub this in the affected area of the mouth.
- Make a mixture of baking soda and water. Dab the affected area
with a finger and then brush with the herbal powder. Not only would
it heal but also neutralize the acidity of bacteria.
- Take equal amounts of 3% solution of Hydrogen Peroxide and water.
Gargle with this combination but make sure that it is not consumed.
- Increase in the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Include foods rich in fiber and vitamin C and those that have low
- Cranberry juice proves worthwhile in treating gingivitis. Intake
cranberry juice but make sure that it does not have sugar.
- It is advisable for a person to use mouthwash that contains sage
oil, peppermint oil, menthol, chamomile tincture, etc. Toothpaste
containing sage oil, peppermint oil would be effective in treating
Comment On This Article