Here are presented a few flatulence/gas cure
home remedies. Read about fart home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Flatulence
Flatulence is the emission of gases present in the
intestine. The mixture of gases 'flatus' is released under pressure and
creates a sound accompanied by a foul odor. Apart from causing
discomfort and pain due to bloating, it also causes social
embarrassment. The most common symptoms of flatulence or more popularly
known as gas are a feeling of bloating and discomfort, excessive
expulsion of wind, belching and pain in the abdomen. The problem of
flatulence is very common and usually due to dietary reasons. Problems
in digesting certain types of food cause flatulence. While for some it
might be due to lactose intolerance, the others may suffer it because of
grain based food. Yet, others might suffer due to foods which are heavy
in carbohydrates. Flatulence, however, is not a serious problem and can
be cured using natural treatments. Know more about the home remedies for
Home Remedy For Flatulence
- Do not forget the basics of eating as this is the most natural
and effective way to treat flatulence. Eat slowly and chew the food
thoroughly. Do not gulp the food. This is the best way to cure the
problem of gas.
- In a cup of warm water, add 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder with a
pinch each of asafetida and rock salt. Drink this mix to get
relieved from gas.
- Take a cup of lukewarm water and add 2 tsp of brandy. Intake this
before going to bed.
- Soak some ginger slices in lemon juice. Chew this after every
meal. This would help cure gas.
- In a tsp of honey, add a drop of dill oil. Intake this after
every meal to help treat flatulence.
- Grind 1 tsp of pepper, 1 tsp of dry ginger and 1 tsp of green
cardamom seeds. Add ½ tsp of this mixture in water and drink it
one hour after meal.
- Peppermint also proves effective in treating flatulence. Not only
does it refreshes the breath, but also cures gas.
- Peppermint tea is also effective in treating flatulence. The
other tea includes anise tea, spearmint tea, and caraway tea.
Spearmint or peppermint candy would also do the trick.
- Avoid foods such as beans, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli,
yeast-containing foods such as breads and cheese. Carbonated drinks
also produce gas.
- Do not drink water after 15 minutes or during meals. It weakens
the digestive system.