Here are presented a few dandruff cure home
remedies. Read about dandruf home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Dandruff
Dandruff is a condition wherein skin flakes come out
of the scalp. These collect amidst the hair and sometimes settle on
shoulders, face, eyebrows and clothes. There are basically two types of
dandruff - dry dandruff and waxy dandruff. Dry dandruff causes
itchiness. In this case the small flakes are loosely scattered in the
hair as compared to the waxy dandruff which remains stuck to the scalp
in patches. Dandruff is infectious in nature and can spread to others by
using of common towels, combs, soaps and hairbrushes. The reasons for
dandruff may be poor nutrition, deficiency of zinc, fungus or even high
use of alkaline soaps and shampoos. Dandruff can be treated using
natural remedies. In the following lines, we provide some home remedies
for curing dandruff.
Home Remedy For Dandruff
- The best way to cure dandruff naturally is to have a hot steam
bath. First, massage your head with hot oil and then wrap a hot damp
towel. Keep this for a few minutes after which wash your hair.
- Take a small bowl of coconut oil and soak in it a few peels of
lemon. Keep this for a span of 8-10 days. Strain the oil and apply
this mixture on the hair.
- Combine two tablespoons of vinegar and six tablespoons of hot
water. Take a cotton ball and apply the above made combination with
it on the scalp. Keep this overnight and wash off your hair next
- Take some beetroot juice and add a few drops of vinegar. Dab this
on the scalp. Another combination would be to add a few drops of
ginger juice in the beetroot juice.
- Another effective method to treat dandruff would be to combine 2
tablespoons of fresh apple juice with 2 tablespoons of warm water.
Dab this on the hair and keep it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing.
Do this for once or twice a week to cure dandruff.
- Mix olive oil and almond oil in equal proportions. Leave it for
about 5 minutes. Once a burning sensation is felt, wash the hair.
- Immerse two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
Grind them the next morning to form a paste. Keep it for half an
hour before washing it with a ritha solution or shikakai.
- Conditioning the hair using cider vinegar after shampooing also
acts beneficial in removing dandruff.
- Heat 300 grams of coconut oil with 3 grams of black pepper.
Strain this decoction. Once cooled, apply this decoct on the hair
and the scalp overnight.
- Use a teaspoon of fresh lime juice as a conditioner. Apart from
removing the dandruff, it also gives a glowing effect to the hair.
- For a person who applies henna, mash beetroot leaves in it. Apply
this mixture on the head to prevent dandruff and hair fall.
- Washing the hair with green gram powder in curd twice a week
would also cure a person from dandruff.
- Add two tablespoons of water to two beaten eggs and mix it
properly. Apply this combination to the moist hair and leave it for
10-15 minutes. Rinse the hair with lukewarm water. this will be
effective in treating dandruff.
Comment On This Article