Here are presented a few chicken pox cure home
remedies. Read about chicken pox home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Chicken Pox
A highly contagious disease, chicken pox is a viral
infection that is usually prevalent in small children, aged 3 to 4.
Although the instances are few and far between, chicken pox can affect
adults as well and in this case, it is much more severe than that in
kids. Chicken pox can spread by direct contact or breathing in the air
that has germs from an affected person's cough or sneeze. The most usual
symptoms of chicken pox include low grade fever, mild headache, rash,
loss of appetite and a feeling of weakness. It might be amusing, but the
symptoms of chicken pos are not visible until it reaches the infectious
stage. Vaccinations have reduced the instance of chicken pox, but the
disease has not vanished altogether. Chicken pox is usually caused due
to the virus called varicella-zoster. It might not be possible to
completely cure chicken pox, as it would go on its own. However, the
irritation and itching involved with it can be minimized, using some
Home Remedy For Chicken Pox
- One of the most effective ways of treating chicken pox would be
using brown vinegar. Add ½ cup vinegar to lukewarm bathwater.
Apart from lessening the irritation, it would also help heal the
- Add 2 tbsp marigold flowers and 1 tsp hazel leaves in a cup of
water and steep them overnight. In the morning, grind it and apply
the mixture on the rash. It would help relieve the itching.
- Put a bowl of water in a pan and add green peas to it. Place it
on flame and set it to boil. Once boiled, strain the water and apply
it on the affected area. This would relieve the irritation and
- Sandalwood oil also proves helpful in treating chicken pox. Apply
the oil on the rashes right from the time chicken pox appears till
its last days. It would also prevent scars from blemishing the skin.
- Coat the affected area with honey. It would not only relieve you
of the irritation, but would also heal the rash.
- Grind oatmeal into a fine powder. Add 2 cups of this powder to
the bath water. For better results, add one to one and a half cup of
baking soda to the same water. It would help in healing the lesions
- Consumption of carrot and coriander soup would be beneficial in
the treatment of chicken pox. Take about 100 grams of carrots and 60
grams of fresh coriander and finely chop them. Boil this mixture for
a while. Strain the concoction, cool it down and drink it once a
- Immerse a handful of neem leaves in your bath water. It would
provide healing effect and cure you of irritation.
- Application of Vitamin E oil on the rashes is another effective
home remedy for chicken pox. Not only does it help prevent the
itching, but also removes the scars quickly.
- Make a tea using chamomile, basil, marigold and lemon balm. Add a
pinch of cinnamon, honey, and lemon to enhance its healing property.
Consuming this tea several times a day would be very beneficial.
- Mix 2 tbsp of queen of the meadow, 1 tsp of coltsfoot leaves and
2 tsp of marigold flowers in 2 cups of boiling water. After boiling
the water for about 20 minutes, strain it. Cool the decoction and
have it once a day.