Here are presented a few dry chapped lips cure
home remedies. Read about cracked lips home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Dry Chapped Lips
Chapped, dry or cracked lips are a common problem. Unlike the other parts of the skin, lips do not produce natural oils needed to protect against cold winds and low humidity. As such, the lips get dry, cracked or chapped. Some of the symptoms for dry or chapped lips are bleeding, lips that look dried, red and rough, loss of moisture from the lips, slight pain, sensitivity of lips, frequent licking of the lips and tenderness of lips. Over exposure to the sun or cold and windy conditions, infections, allergies to cosmetic products, drugs, dehydration, frequent use of chemicals or soaps are some of the causes for the dryness to occur. However, this can be solved by retreating to the natural ways. Know more how to treat dry chapped lips using home remedies.
Home Remedy For Dry Chapped Lips
- The most simple and vital treatment for curing dry chapped lips would be intake lots of water. Less water results in dryness in both the skin and the lips. Keeping the body hydrated is very important.
- Another simple yet effective home remedy would be to apply lip balm or petroleum jelly on the lips. This will help them remain smooth. Do not forget to apply it before going to bed.
- Pure ghee or butter is also beneficial in treating dry chapped lips. Apply a little ghee or butter into the naval. It helps to keep the lips smooth and heals the cracks formed.
- Take a few rose petals and soak them in raw milk for a few hours. After this, make a paste and apply it on the lips. This would not only heal the dryness but also work effectively in retaining the lost pink color.
- Apply milk cream on the lips. This will help remove the dry dead skin and to make the lips smooth.
- Rub a slice of cucumber on your lips. This would help cure dry and chapped lips.
- Grind a few neem leaves and take out the juice. Apply this juice on the lips to heal the cracked and chapped lips.
- Application of aloe vera gel on the lips also cures a person suffering from dry chapped lips.
- Loss of vitamin A is the cause for dry chapped lips. Increase in the intake of foods rich in vitamin A such as carrots, green leafy vegetables and tomatoes, legumes, whole grains and nutritional yeast.
- In a tsp of glycerin, add a few drops of honey. Apply this paste on the lips and keep them overnight. This will help to keep the lips soft and smooth.
- Apply castor oil on the lips. This will help to cure the dry chapped lips.
- Another effective way to cure dry chapped lips would be to apply sun screen lip balm or moisturizer. This would help prevent dry patches and also heal the dryness of the lips.
- For women who put on lipstick, apply moisturizer-based lipstick on the lips. Do not put on excessive lipstick and allow the lips to breathe.
- Crush a few rose petals in glycerin. This would not only retain the color and the lost moister but also cure dryness.
- Avoid wetting the lips with the tongue. It makes the lips dark, and color and lose the moister. Instead apply a chap stick or moisturizer.