Here are presented a few cataract cure home
remedies. Read about cataract home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Cataract
Cataract is an eye disease which causes blurred
vision. It results in the clouding of the crystalline lens of the eye,
placed at the back of the iris, or in its envelope. The lens can suffer
from slight to complete opacity, blocking the passage of light. A person
suffering from cataract cannot see clearly. As the lens becomes opaque,
it hampers the entrance of light which distorts the visibility. Cataract
is mainly caused due to three factors - deterioration in the nutrition
of the lens, deposits of acids and salts between the lens fibers, and
disintegration of lens fibers. Aging, diabetes, eye injury and
down-syndrome are some of the other causes of this disease. You can
treat cataract naturally also, provided you know the correct home
remedies for the same, some of which have been mentioned below.
Home Remedies For Cataract
- The most popular and efficient remedy for cataract would be to
have carrots. Eat raw carrots regularly and also consume fresh
carrot juice, twice a day.
- Another beneficial home remedy for cataract comprises of the
extract or juice of pumpkin flowers. Apply this juice on the
eyelids, two times a day, and keep on for fifteen minutes duration.
- Putting a few drops of honey into the eyes would act favorably in
- Aniseed is also helpful in treating cataract. Consume 6 grams of
aniseed daily, in the morning as well as evening. For better
results, mix equal amount of aniseed and coriander powder. Add a
little brown sugar to the mixture. Eat 12 grams of this mixture,
twice per day.
- An effective home remedy for cataract would comprise of almonds
and pepper. Grind 7 almond kernels, along with ½ gram of
pepper, in water and consume. Sugar candy can also be added to the
- A combination of cardamom and milk is said to be healthy for
eyes. Grind 2 pieces of cardamom and put them in a glass of milk.
Boil and bring it down to lukewarm temperature. Consume this milk,
- Soak 3 to 4 almonds in 2 to 3 tbsp of milk and keep it overnight.
In the morning, add sandalwood to this mixture. Apply this on the
eyelids. It would reduce the redness associated with cataract.
- Include 2-3 cloves of garlic to your everyday diet, as garlic is
known to cleanse the crystalline lens of the eye.
- Include oranges and grapes in your diet, as they help in healing
the eye and curing cataract.
- Eat raw salads. Dressing them with olive oil and lemon juice
would add to their benefit.
- Consumption of spinach, cauliflower, turnips, fenugreek, drum
sticks, few nuts, soaked raisins, figs and dates is considered to be
good for cataract.
Comment On This Article