Here are presented a few canker sores cure home
remedies. Read about mouth ulcer home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Canker Sores
Canker sores can be described as painful small
ulcers, found inside the mouth or upper throat. These are white or
yellowish in color and occur in the lining of the mouth, surrounded by
redness. Also known as Aphthous Stomatitis and mouth ulcers, they cause
much discomfort, especially while eating and talking. They are recurrent
in nature and may reappear after being healed once. However, canker
sores are not contagious do not spread from one person to the other.
Canker sores appear due to various reasons - deficiency in nutrients,
tension, stress, eating a particular type of food, indigestion, etc.
They are not serious ij nature and can be easily healed with the help of
home remedies. In the following lines, we provide some natural
treatments for curing canker sores or mouth ulcers.
Home Remedy For Canker Sores
- An effective way for treating canker sores at home would be to
apply raw onion on the ulcer.
- Aloe Vera juice, when used as a mouth wash, is beneficial in
curing canker sores
- Another effective natural remedy would be to soak coriander
leaves in water. After about 5 minutes, strain the water and use it
as a mouthwash.
- Take a glass of lukewarm water and add 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder to
it. Gargle with this water, first thing in the morning.
- Coat the ulcer with some honey. Let it stay for sometime and then
salivate. It is one of the most useful remedy for treating mouth
- Boil half a liter of water. Steep 2 tbsp Marjoram in it, for
about 10 minutes. Strain the water and gargle with it, about 3 to 4
times a day.
- Gargling with salty water or barley tea is also found to be
helpful in treating ulcers.
- Raw tehina, when coated on the ulcer, brings relief and cures the
- Increase the consumption of tomatoes and fresh papaya fruit. This
is likely to bring relief and cure canker sores.
- Concentrated carob juice is also believed to be helpful in
getting rid of mouth ulcers.
- When you have canker sores, it is advisable to brush teeth with
baking soda, instead of toothpaste. This is because most of the
toothpastes contain 'sodium laurel sulfate', which might alleviate
- Rinsing the mouth with Grapefruit seed extract would be helpful
in treating mouth ulcers. Take a glass of lukewarm water and add 5
to 6 drops of Grapefruit seed extract in it. Use this as a
- Tea tree oil has medicinal properties and can help heal mouth
ulcers. Apply tea tree oil to the sores, before going to bed, and
- Mix 1 tsp soda in a cup of warm water. Add a pinch of salt and
gargle with this mixture, in the morning as well as before going to
Comment On This Article