Here are presented a few burns cure home
remedies. Read about burns home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Burns
Burn is the name given to an injury that is caused by
skin's exposure to excessive heat, electricity, chemicals, light,
radiation, friction or fire. Most of us must have experienced the
condition once in our lifetime. Burns can be categorized into three
types - first degree, second degree and third degree, depending on the
severity of the skin damage caused. While first degree burns cause
damage to the top layer of the skin and get healed in a day or two,
second degree burns are more severe and causes blisters. The latter are
much more painful and also need special attention and care. Third degree
burns cause damage to all the layers of the skin and are extremely
painful. They make the skin look charred as the injury penetrates deep
into the nerves. In the following lines, we have listed certain home
remedies for treating burns.
Home Remedy For Burns
- The immediate remedy for burns would be to apply ice on the
affected area. You can also dip the affected body part in chilled
water, for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- The most popular and effective way to cure burns is to apply
honey on the affected area and cover it with a bandage.
- Yogurt also acts efficiently in treating burns. Apply a generous
amount of yogurt on the burn and keep it for about 15 minutes,
before rinsing off. It would cool down the burnt area and provide
- In case you have burnt the tip of your finger, tightly grip your
ear lob. It might sound funny, but you would feel no pain at al.
- One of the effectual treatments of burns would be to cut a piece
of onion and keep it over the burnt area. It would provide instant
- Immerse the burnt portion in a bowl of whole milk for about 15-20
minutes. It would provide relief and cure the burn.
- Egg whites also prove beneficial in curing or treating burns.
Beat the egg white lightly and apply on the affected area.
- You can also apply diluted vinegar on the burn. It would be very
effective in healing the burns.
- Lavender oil also is helpful in treating burns. Dab the affected
area with lavender oil. If the burn is severe, apply the oil 3-4
times in a day.
- Aloe Vera also treats burns effectively. Cut some fresh aloe Vera
leaves and place them on the burnt area.
- After the burn gets healed, break a capsule of vitamin E and pour
the liquid on the affected area. It would prevent formation of a
- It might sound amusing, but applying some dish washing detergent
on the burnt area helps ease the pain.
- Apply the papaya pulp on the affected area. The enzymes present
in it would heal the wound and help remove dead cells as well.