Here are presented a few burning tongue cure
home remedies. Read about burning tongue home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Burning Tongue
Burning mouth syndrome (BMS), popularly called
burning tongue, is an ailment commonly found among people in the middle
age group. While the exact cause of the ailment is not known, people
suffering from it experience a burning sensation on their lips, gums,
tongues, inside their cheeks, etc. Burning tongue can be acute, lasting
for a few weeks, or chronic, lasting for months at a stretch. Some of
the symptoms of this problem are dry/sore mouth, thirst, burning
sensation in mouth, lips, palate, gums and tongue, loss of taste,
numbness on the tip of the tongue and metallic or bitter taste in the
mouth. The right kind of diet, combined with some conscious efforts, can
cure a person suffering from this ailment. Read on to explore home
remedies for treating burning tongue.
Home Remedy For Burning Tongue
- An effective way to cure burning tongue is to suck on a piece of
ice. It works wonders, treating the ailment effectively.
- Enhance the consumption of water. Larger quantity of water intake
helps keep the mouth moist.
- Increase the consumption of food rich in Vitamin B, such as
potatoes, bananas, lentils, chile peppers, tempeh, liver oil, liver,
turkey, tuna, nutritional yeast (or brewer's yeast) and molasses.
- Apply glycerin on the tongue. It would give a cooling sensation,
thereby relieving the pain and burning sensation.
- Another effective treatment for curing burning tongue is to have
honey with milk. It increases the blood flow to the tongue, thereby
- For meals, resort to plain food, with lots of boiled vegetables.
This would act beneficial in treating burning tongue.
- Lavender oil acts as an antiseptic. It not only works well to
cure burning tongue, but also promotes blood circulation. Apply
lavender oil on the affected area and leave overnight.
- Add iron rich food, such as broccoli, spinach and parsley, to
your diet. They will help in treating burning tongue, by aiding the
production of new red blood cells, replacing the damaged ones.
- It is recommended to have fresh fruit juice and vegetable juice,
while suffering from burning tongue. These juices provide the
necessary nutrients to the body and help relieve the burning
- Sugar free chewing gums would also be worthwhile in curing
burning tongue. They keep the tongue moist and ease the pain.