Here are presented a few bronchitis cure home
remedies. Read about bronchitis home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Bronchitis
Bronchitis is an inflammation of bronchi, the airway
in the respiratory tract that carries air into the lungs. Its main
symptom is a persistent cough that produces considerable quantities of
phlegm. The other symptoms of bronchitis are coughing up extra mucus,
wheezing and difficulty in breathing, apart from hoarseness, pain in the
chest and loss of appetite. Bronchitis is usually classified into two
types - acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis. While the former is
caused by viruses or bacteria and lasts for several days or weeks, the
latter is a persistent, productive cough that lasts for at least three
months and continues for two consecutive years. Mostly bronchitis is
caused by an infection. Allergies and chemical irritations, such as
atmospheric pollution and smoke of the cigarettes, are some other
contributing factors. However, there are certain home remedies to cure a
person of the ailment. Check out how to treat bronchitis naturally.
Home Remedy For Bronchitis
- The best way to cure bronchitis would be to consume turmeric
powder. Put 1 tsp turmeric powder in half a glass of warm milk.
Consuming this twice or thrice a day, on an empty stomach, would be
- Mix half a teaspoon each of ginger powder, pepper powder and
clove powder. Either mix them with 1 tbsp honey or put them in a cup
of tea and consume.
- Onions have expectorant properties. Apart from liquefying phlegm,
they also prevent its further formation. Intake of raw onion juice,
early in the morning, would heal a person suffering from bronchitis.
- Mix 50 grams of fresh spinach leaves, 250 ml of water, a pinch of
ammonium chloride and 1 tsp of honey and form a paste. Consumption
of this mixture, on a daily basis, would relieve a person of
- Sesame seeds also have properties that can cure bronchitis.
Combine a tsp of linseed, a pinch of common salt and a tsp of honey.
Have this mixture before sleeping. It would help in the treatment of
- Another way of consuming sesame seeds is to powder half a tsp of
it and mix it with 2 tsp of water. Have this two times a day. Yet
another preparation would comprise of a decoction of half a teaspoon
sesame seeds. Take it regularly, two times a day.
- Make a powder of seven almond kernels and mix it in a cup of
orange or lemon juice. Have this emulsion regularly before sleeping.
It would act beneficial in curing bronchitis
- Chicory is an herb that is believed to have medicinal properties
to cure bronchitis. Grind the dry root of this herb and consume 1/2
tsp of powder, with one tsp of honey, thrice a day.
- Take some hot water, enough to convert one cup of linseed into a
moist mealy mass. Wrap it in a thin cloth and apply this poultice on
the front and back of the chest. Cover with a bandage.
- Another effective way to cure bronchitis would be to apply
turpentine oil on the chest, every night.
- Castor oil can also act beneficially to cure bronchitis. Warm
castor oil leaves on a pan. Let them cool down a bit, place them on
the chest and keep overnight.
- Consuming fresh cabbage juice, on a daily basis, would be helpful
in curing the problem of bronchitis.
- Steep half a tsp licorice root tea in a cup of hot water. After
about ten minutes, strain the liquid and drink it, when still warm.
Daily intake of this decoction, thrice a day, will show favorable
Comment On This Article