Here are presented a few body odor cure home
remedies. Read about body odour home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Body Odor
Body odor is the unpleasant smell which comes from a
person's body, beacuse of the bacteria growing on it. The notion amongst
people that perspiration or sweating causes body odor is wrong. It may
surprise you, but it is not perspiration that causes leads to body odor,
but the bacteria that gets accumulated on the skin. The bacteria release
unpleasant smelling chemicals, which, in turn, cause body odor. These
bacteria multiply rapidly in the presence of sweat and this is why,
people smell more when they perspire. Using deodorants only worsen the
situation as it contains various toxic chemicals, which further
aggravate the problem. However, the problem of body odor can be sorted
out by resorting to home remedies. Read on to how to cure the problem of
body odor naturally.
Home Remedy For Body Odor
- To prevent body odor, drink a glass of water in the morning, on
an empty stomach, along with 500 mg wheat grass. The chlorophyll
present in the grass will help in reducing body odor.
- You can also apply baking soda to your armpits as well as to your
feet, to reduce body odor.
- While bathing, add alcohol or white vinegar to a mug of water and
use it to rinse the armpits. This will definitely help in lessening
the body odor.
- One of the simple home remedies for body odor is to put a few
drops of rose water in the bathtub, before taking bath. It will give
you a long lasting freshness and serve as a good substitute for
- To reduce the pH of the skin and eliminate armpit odor, one can
use apple cider vinegar instead of deodorant. Put it in a mug of
water and use it to rinse the armpits, while bathing.
- Take showers, at least thrice in a day, in the summer season,
when one tends to sweat a lot.
- Prepare a homemade deodorant with the juice of about two dozen
radishes and 1/4 teaspoon glycerin. Mix the liquids well and pour
into a spray-top bottle. Spray this in the armpits to fight body
odor. Remember to store it in fridge.
- During summers, you can apply the baby powder or talc to your
armpits, in place of deodorants.
- Pour some white vinegar on a cotton ball and wipe your underarms
with the cotton. While the vinegar smell would fade in some time,
you would remain smell-free for the rest of the day.
- Mix two drops of the tea tree oil (essential oil) and one ounce
of water. Pour this in a spray-top bottle and use as a deodorant.
Since tea tree is an antibacterial herb, it would act favorably in
preventing body odor.
- Mix 10 drops of the essential oil in 30 ml water. Apply this
mixture on the armpits to reduce body odor.
- Turnip juice is also effective in removing body odor. Grate a
turnip and squeeze the grated pieces to extract the juice. Apply
this juice on your underarms.
Comment On This Article