Here are presented a few Athletes Foot
cure home remedies. Read about Athlete Foot home remedy treatment.
Home Remedy for Athletes Foot
Athlete's foot is a contagious skin disease that affects the area between the toe fingers. It is mainly a fungal infection caused by the parasitic fungus dermatophytes. Medically known as tines pedis, the fungi live off dead skin cells and thrive in moist, warm places, such as gyms, locker rooms, showers and swimming pools. The symptoms of athletes' foot are burning sensation between toes, itching, redness, scaling and blistering. The infection is transmittable and can be caused by sharing the footwear of an infected person. Athlete's foot, however, is treatable and can be cured naturally as well. Read onto know the home remedies for athletes foot.
Home Remedy For Athlete's Foot
- For athletes' foot, a simple home remedy would be a solution of one part vinegar and four parts warm water. Soak the feet in this solution for half an hour, twice in a day.
- Baking soda paste would also be helpful in curing this infection. Take a 1 tbsp baking soda and add some water, to form a paste. Apply the paste on the affected area. Once dry, rinse off and let your feet dry.
- Add 40 drops of tea tree oil to a liter of water. Immerse your feet in this solution for about ten minutes. After this, dry your feet with a towel. Use a dryer to make sure that there is no moisture left in between the toes. After that, apply a few drops of tea tree oil in the infected region.
- Mix one part of pure apple cider vinegar with one part of warm water and soak the feet, in the solution, for about 20 minutes. Cleanse the feet both before and after immersing, using a gentle soap. After the treatment, ensure that the feet are completely dry. Follow this remedy two times a day, for 1-2 weeks, depending on the severity of the situation.
- Using boric acid, Epsom salt and vinegar would be an effective way of getting rid of the fungus. Take a large bowl and partially fill it with hot water. Add 1 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup Epsom salt and 3 tbsp boric acid. Make sure that boric acid has been whisked well. Soak your feet in the water for about 15 minutes and dry thoroughly.
- Apply cornstarch on your feet, including the area between the toes as well, before putting on socks and shoes. This will keep the feet dry and help in curing athlete's foot.
- Another efficient remedy would be to put fresh garlic slices in your shoes and wear them throughout the day.
- Dissolve 6 aspirins in 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol. Shake the mixture well and apply on the affected area. Repeat this about thrice a day and continue it for three days or until athlete's foot is gone.
- Take a large bowl of warm water and soak your feet in it. Try to remove as much hard skin as possible. After this, pat dry your feet and apply a thin layer of oregano oil. Though it may emit a terrible smell, it is very effective in treating athlete's foot.
Comment On This Article